Amish Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1434220854_391d8eea22.jpg

I bought it at an amish garage sale about ten years ago....rides real nice.

I have a Kalona Iowa license plate for a bike lol its an Amish settlement near here...... a little known fact is that captain kirk of star wars fame will be born in the future in a small town 7 miles from Kalona... maybe he will be of Amish decent lol

Thanks for the kind words....I'm thinking of tearing her down and having a new coat of paint thrown on there......I really like the pin striping I just saw on Rat Rod's Dyno.

LakeRaven said:
Thanks for the kind words....I'm thinking of tearing her down and having a new coat of paint thrown on there......I really like the pin striping I just saw on Rat Rod's Dyno.
That bike would look really good painted and striped.
Not that it doesnt look way cool now.

My avatar is the logo for the bike black ribbon society. Sort of a bicycle gang, dedicated to fun on bikes. Off-road, Brevets, Velo-drome, Road, Crit, Bike Polo, Booze Cruises, Randonneuring , Gnome-Fest, Alley Cats, Tall Bikes, Cyclecross, etc.

All things bike - unusual

The BBR Web-Site = http://www.bikeblackribbon.com/

You guys have a really great thing going on this board.

g

Nice bike! You could clunkerize it and take it out on the trails like I did to my old Columbia. I checked out your site and that Indigo 96 "hipster" is awesome!

ok you have a great bike right now. i mean that thing is awesome. dont get caught in the trap of painting it flat black and red wheels. thats not necessarily a "rat rod look" . its so played. i mean the whole idea of "rat rod" is to take what little you have and make it your own. The aging on this bike i so beautiful. yeah i can definitely see some striping on it. but keep that color man. its way better than any rattle can would give you.

Hooch said:
I have a Kalona Iowa license plate for a bike lol its an Amish settlement near here...... a little known fact is that captain kirk of star wars fame will be born in the future in a small town 7 miles from Kalona... maybe he will be of Amish decent lol
Ok Hooch get it right , with millons of trekies in the world ,it was Star Trek not Star Wars , besides William Shattner is too busy with tv lawyers commercials to worry about being born in the future. :lol:
Really nice bike, you must have gotten a good deal being as tall as you are from some short amish person. Just kidding ya got that seat way up there. :lol: :lol:

The great thing about old paint and new pinstripes is that they work great together. That bike is great, looks like maybe a Colson from the frame and chainguard.

I believe the bike is a Colson-Evans from the period after Colson bought out Evans. I believe that was in the early to mid 1950's and they made bikes through the early to mid 60's.

As far a paint is concerned, I wouldn't change a thing. That patina is amazing. You can't get that back. Ever.

Maybe a new seat? Maybe a bit fatter tire. Ya know, try to fill up the gap between the tires and fenders a bit? A white tire and seat might be interesting.

Back