American Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I decided I wanted something new to ride on tomorrows Patriotic Pub Pedal. Last year I rode my RRB Kids Bike Build off bike "Uncle Scram". I got home tonight at 5:30 and started with this Schwinn American frame I had stashed in the attic...
IMG_8007.jpg

At 8:30 I ended up with this including a 20 minute supper break...
IMG_8019.jpg

IMG_8015.jpg

I wish the original paint would have been in a little better condition and the "American" on the chainguard more legible.
I wiped the frame down, sanded off stickers, primered it, painted it and put on the wheels off my black rat rod along with some other parts I had. I'd like to have done more but ran out of time. Maybe next year. I did cut out a tank plate but didn't have time to do anything else with it.
Here's some build pics...
IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8011.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8014.jpg

IMG_8022.jpg

Ratfink1962 said:
Looks awesome! man you dont mess around! :D

Ive been beating on sheetmetal for a few hours trying to make a tank for my KFC cruiser, so far so good, but it just takes time!
Thanks.
Anxious to see the tank.

Over the weekend I reassembled the Racer that I had tore down and stashed away. The wife will be riding it tomorrow with it's little bits of red, white and blue. Put on white grips instead of the original black. Took the photo tonight.
IMG_8021.jpg

wow randy that american looks amazing! sometimes some great builds are done super fast!!! another great bike from locojoe..

Easy E

cman said:
Nice quick job. Is this the same bike? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=201
Yes it is. I thought I might have posted something about it the other time I built it up. Thanks for finding that.

Funny when painting it last night I noticed some grinding had been done under the top tube. Didn't know what was up with that. Now I see my old post and realize it was me.

Man that Brooks saddle get's around.

haha - Found it because said you dragged it down from the attic. You seem to always be dragging bike out of the attic, so I searched to see how many were up there :mrgreen:

Back