A Stingray, Buzz Bike, and a Mattel Stallion walk into a bar...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up this repop from a buddy tonight who was cleaning out his garage. Typically stay away from reproduction anything but it was cheap and still fun to look at. He's a pinstriper and had done a little work on the seat-he does good work. This will work until I find an original violet stingray down the line.
IMAG1051.jpg
IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1064.jpg

I cleaned some more on the stallion tonight, the front wheel turned out much better than expected (look at the pic at the beginning of this post). I have a pair of Raleigh redline tires coming for it, should be here soon. I'm liking this bike more and more, the longer I own it.

Received a message on Facebook from a friend today asking me if I wanted this bike for cheap and of course I said yes. Anyone have any idea what brand it is? Head badge is gone, no name anywhere that I can find. Build quality is pretty cheap, I'm guessing a no name box store bike? Chrome chain guard isn't ringing any bells with me either, may just toss it on Craigslist. Then again, I'm not known for selling :).
IMAG1083_1.jpg

Guards not right can see where other mounted on stay..
Maybe huffy? Defiantly a hammered fork
Ya the fork cracked me up, must have been a helluva jump! I wasn't sure on the guard, bike's a bit cheesy, was thinking that anything was possible.

Nice one!! Seriously what happened to the fork and sissy... That kid was on super awsome mode
Sissy bar was on backwards I think so I swapped it around but it's still jacked. As for the fork, I think the plan is to get a cheap springer off of eBay and call it good. I have the repop stingray seat and rear slick that I'll toss on and have a cheap, pretty cool little bike. It's had a ROUGH life.
IMAG1086_1.jpg

I hope I'm not annoying everyone by posting so much but I've had a bit of good fortune lately. I forgot that I had the original sissy bar from the Buzz bike sitting around so tonight I swapped that out along with the rear tire and the seat. Polished up the rear wheel while I was at it and ordered the springer front end. It's coming together quicker than expected, that's for sure.
IMAG1089_1.jpg

Have you thought about just trying to straighten the fork rather than replacing it?

Someone posted a method recently that I thought was genius, they removed the wheel and crank, turned the fork around backwards with a spare axle locked in the dropouts and hooked a ratchet strap from the axle to the bottom bracket and then just cranked the strap until the fork was back straight... No paint damage, no hammers involved.

:thumbsup:

Luke.

Why no, I hadn't thought of that ;)lol. The springer is already on the way so I'll probably use it regardless but I might try to straighten the fork before I pull it. I don't throw anything away so the fork will hang on the wall and stay with the bike if I change my mind down the road.

Why no, I hadn't thought of that ;)lol. The springer is already on the way so I'll probably use it regardless but I might try to straighten the fork before I pull it. I don't throw anything away so the fork will hang on the wall and stay with the bike if I change my mind down the road.
It's the famous @kirkpatrick fix-O-solv-O fork-O-matic kontaptomatic patent and trademark pending machina de correct pretzel fork os...
Works great, have used already on a cranbrook for a friend. I did need secure the legs, cause one side had more twist so it didn't want pull evenly

I still vote polished and hung as ramp champ that kid must have been....
Imagine the raspberries and road rash he survived...
Ha! Haven't mentioned that some spokes are also bent and a few are missing. This bike has some stories to tell. Who knows if he even survived? There very well could be a headstone somewhere in the midwest that reads only:

He tried to impress Betty Lou,
Not knowing the carnage that would ensue,
He hit the plywood, an astonishing feat!
Nope, he arrived at the gates...on a banana seat.

Last edited:
Ha! Haven't mentioned that some spokes are also bent and a few are missing. This bike has some stories to tell. Who knows if he even survived? There very well could be a headstone somewhere in the midwest that reads only:
He tried to impress Betty Lou,
Not knowing the carnage that would ensue,
He hit the plywood, an astonishing feat!
Nope, he arrived at the gates...on a banana seat.
My god...
I think you need start a poetry career... Thats so awsome I think you may be do a display for it...

If he lived you know wastrying limp it off with a dead leg from a hipper.. dragging he bike behind him repeatedly muttering "I'm OK, I'm OK..."

Latest posts

Back