A sled for the season

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bike I call the "Alumasled" is now over three years old and gets ridden frequently as it is my favorite and most comfortable bike for me to ride. Its long wheel base and 24 x 3 back tire give it a smooth ride. And its hand made aluminum honeycomb frame just makes it special to me. But its old and really is not a show bike. Therefore it has become a canvas for a couple of seasonal creations for rides that the Coasters BC has done.
Here is the Alumasled on one of its early cruises. Before the bubinga veneer was applied to the edge surfaces.
sled2.jpg

Then the veneer was applied and it was shown in some car shows and bike shows
sled1.jpg

sled3.jpg

but was still ridden very regularly. And as happens when a bike get ridden alot, it shows signs wear and tear, from sitting in rain and falling over ( not with me on it) and bottoming out on bumps in the road.
Therefore I thought it would be a good bike to use for some of our special rides.
It became my Halloween bike for the Coasters Hollweelie ride, and I was Phantom of the Opera. I built the cardboard pipe organ with a working electric ( batteries) keyboard.
halloween08037.jpg

halloween08030.jpg

Then it was turned into my Xmas bike for the Bikes for Tots parade and the Coasters BC Xmas ride. It was Santas red sled loaded with presents with some falling off, made with red wrapping paper and cardboard boxs glued to it.

bft08008.jpg

bft08009.jpg

After the Xmas ride the bike will get cleaned and refreshed and made ready for some spring time cruising. Who knows what it will become in the coming seasons.

I like the way it looks with the red.I still like the beer bike better.LOL Hope you and lora have a merry christmas.
Rick

:shock: :shock: how cool is that?! the first thing i thought when i saw that bike was "bat wing" or some other batman vehical. very cool and looks kinda earie with that cool cardboard organ you made. killer job.

Just an update, I've been lazy.
This is the Alumasled as it was seen with the Coasters BC in the 2009 Historic Delano St. Patricks Day parade. Shamrocks with pot of gold.
vwbus004.jpg

And with out the PoG as seen on St. Pats day. So much easier to ride without the weight of all that gold.
vwbus003.jpg

man i would make some cash with that bike. get the local shops to but huge logos on the sides of that bike and ride around town. cool bike

i like it. someone on another forum was telling me it looked like i was setting up some kind of land speed burrito, and i was thinking about tweaking it to kind of play with the idea, but you're already there.

Latest posts

Back