80's UNIVEGA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Picked this one up from my local flipper . He has several out building's filled with bike's and parts , more Walmart bikes then anything else . I stop there and talk to the 80+ year old man about bikes at least once a week since he's located on my way to the bike path . He lets me dig thru his 5 gal buckets of bike parts freely , yesterday I asked him what was in the building that was always locked . There was nothing special in there , then I noticed the Made in USA sticker on this UNIVGA cruiser . We both kicked the tires around until we settled-on a price . After bringing it home I cleaned it up , repacked the bearings and thru on these cheap whitewalls . After doing some research I thank it is rare one ? Now I need to go back and see if I can find the chain-guard in one of his 5 gal. buckets ?
uni 1.jpg
uni 2.jpg
uni 3.jpg
uni 4.jpg

I'm having trouble finding it now...it didn't have Univega in the listing, but I can't remember what search terms brought it to my attention. I would guess that it was under $133 because that's the upper limit of my generic cheap bike search, and probably over $50...because I would have bookmark'd it if it was $50 or under :grin:.

Jason

Univega wasn't a manufacturer, they contracted all their bikes... initially from Japan, but as Japanese manufacturing became more expensive in the 80s they shifted to Taiwan built bikes.

I assume the Made in the USA indicates they either contracted these from Murray or Roadmaster...or more likely, Taiwan frame assembled in the USA.

Latest posts

Back