67 Stingray-Updated :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 67 Stingray

Looks like ill be getting a fast back front tire, and a raised white letter SLIK!! I also need a 26 inch springer. Im sick of the low ride look.

hey there everyone, i just got some fenders for the bike. whadya think?
stingray05.jpg

ricksterr1221 said:
Looks like ill be getting a fast back front tire, and a raised white letter SLIK!! I also need a 26 inch springer. Im sick of the low ride look.
are you running an s-7 rear wheel rick? i am and i bought the 2.125" stingray tire and it didn't fit, i guess it only fits s-2, each day is a learning experiance.

Thanks Josh. If Then ill run the slick on the Mega Spoked rims.b

Josh:
The new fenders look good on the '67 Stingray. The fenders look good with reverse screen guard. How much did that 20x2.125 whitewall cost? I want to get one for my blue '67 Stingray Deluxe. I think I bought the whitewall 20x1-3/4 Westwind from a car show a couple years ago. Just didn't put it on since I didn't have the rear Studded whitewall.

thanks for all the replys guys! I want to ride it so badly but it supposed to keep raining here for like the next 3 days :cry:

SuperStuff said:
Josh:
The new fenders look good on the '67 Stingray. The fenders look good with reverse screen guard. How much did that 20x2.125 whitewall cost? I want to get one for my blue '67 Stingray Deluxe. I think I bought the whitewall 20x1-3/4 Westwind from a car show a couple years ago. Just didn't put it on since I didn't have the rear Studded whitewall.
I got the white knobby 2.125" tire from http://www.memorylane-classics.comi think they cost me 35, the slick tires go for 40-45 range. nice people though and pretty nice shipping as well.

I like it. I normally don't like that sort of shade of green, but it all comes together very classic and simple. I think, if the S-2 and S-7 tires follow the larger sizes, S-2 's accomidate any brand of 2.125" tire, S-7 have to be S-7 compatible and are propreeitary sized. Then again it might be that 2.125's and 2.175's only fit on the same respective rim. I haven't messed with 20" bikes enough to know.

skoda said:
I like it. I normally don't like that sort of shade of green, but it all comes together very classic and simple. I think, if the S-2 and S-7 tires follow the larger sizes, S-2 's accomidate any brand of 2.125" tire, S-7 have to be S-7 compatible and are propreeitary sized. Then again it might be that 2.125's and 2.175's only fit on the same respective rim. I haven't messed with 20" bikes enough to know.
Thats what I thought so i was pretty confused why my 2.125" would not fit my s-7, i took it to the bike shop just to make sure i wasnt crazy and thats what they told me...curse you schwinn and your specific sizes!!! most of the time tho the tire should say if it is for an s-2 or s-7

well it stop raining and i took it outside to give you guys a photo that isn't so orangish.
stingray06.jpg

enjoy :)

hey there guys
I know you folks are pretty chilly out in the west and midwest right now but it was 40 degrees out today and sunny for the first time all week, so i took the stingray, and took a photo of it with its new headlight i picked up for it. whadya think?
I got a white seat coming for it, once i get that it will be complete :D
stingray07.jpg

looks nice(see the bars did need alittle attitude :wink: ) itll look even better with the other seat too(unless you decide to go back to the blackwall whitewall mix....then keep the black....just my .01)!

thanks Sensor. I dont know what i was thinking having the handlebars like that :p its the first time i've had ape hangers and this is definately the way to go haha.

i wanna make another musclebike in the future and i think i'll do the blackwall/whitewall mix, so i'll be saving the seat for that :D

well guys, i'm calling it finished, here are the final photos
stingray08.jpg

stingray09.jpg

stingray10.jpg

it was a fun build and its a blast to ride, if i add anything else to it i think it will be a kickstand...i just need to find one.
thanks for all of you help everyone!

-Josh

Pretty cool. I'm definitely diggin' the white seat over the black. Don't you love it when you find a good fun project like that?!

Back