'59 racer ride pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took my '59 racer for a ride on the Airline today.
al2.jpg

al6.jpg

al3.jpg

Only the strong survive out here on the bike trail.... :roll:
al5.jpg

Another neat bridge to ride over. Came down to take a pic.
al9.jpg

This bridge was premanufactured someplace else and assembled here. Thats why they numbered the stones.
P1010453.jpg

Bonus question time: when was it built?........Here's a clue,
P1010454.jpg

Then moved on to this bridge.
ARRlyman.gif

This is what it looks like now.
P1010460.jpg

In the middle.
P1010456.jpg

The iron's still under there.
P1010459.jpg

Don't veer over the edge.
P1010464.jpg

Great views.
P1010465.jpg

P1010455.jpg

The hairpin turn on Bull Hill Road. The trail crosses right here.
P1010471.jpg

The ride back is all a slight down hill grade. Put the S.A. TCW in 3rd and crank. I need to put put a bell on for when I'm passing all those fancy alumnum frame bikes, for their safety! :D Later.

Looks like a nice trail. How long is it?
We have talked about going up your direction to ride this year but so far have made no plans. If not this year we will another time.
Can you recommend a good time of year to visit your area? Not hot and least chance of rain.

Thanks.

What a great trail! I'm still trying to figure out when that stone bridge was built! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
L8 EM

aka_locojoe said:
Looks like a nice trail. How long is it?
We have talked about going up your direction to ride this year but so far have made no plans. If not this year we will another time.
Can you recommend a good time of year to visit your area? Not hot and least chance of rain.

Thanks.

The trail is 18 miles plus some more dirt trail after that. Theres a 5 mile fresher portion is still not compacted. Summer's hot, fall and spring are cool. Fall's generally the drier of the two and there's also the foliage. Fall would be my choice. Be aware it's kinda' hilly, as you can see from the pics. But everyone should experience fall in New England. Feel free to drop a line if you make the trip.

Back