56 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd post a picture of my 56 Speedster. This is the definition of ratty haha. I threw on a 65 tooth sprocket today, but the bike is too ratty to handle it. Needs the rear hub greased, crank bearings cleaned and regreased, and oil to loosen up the chain. Probably won't keep it on this bike, but I had to see what it looked like.

I want to eventually find an original rear fender (that hasnt been cut) with matching patina to put on, I moved the old one up because it looked stupid without it. I replaced the original s-7's with less rusty ones (yes the back is less rusty haha) The seat pan is soft from rot, etc..

1-1.jpg

Thats cool , I'd ride it as is! I just can't get a nice frame in 26'' . Nearly all bikes in Australia have straight tube frames :cry:

Yeah I love that ,rattling past the lycra clad set. Made a bit of a .... of myself one time doing that on a 1940's malvern star that I got fom my wifes grandpa. It is a fixed gear track bike , so heres me racing this guy on this flash as carbon fiber road bike . We were neck and neck when I rembered I was not a seasoned fixie rider and there was a pretty sharp bend coming up . Need I go into the embarrassing details. :roll:

With that sprocket, you will fly!........Make sure you tell us about it, when you put a whooping on the "tightie pants people"! :lol:

sensor said:
very nice! yeah i agree with you that the rear fender needs replace with a full sized one........other than that its perfect :mrgreen:

Someone cut the back half of it off, I'm not sure why. Maybe it was really smashed or something or they wanted a "bobbed" fender. Who knows.

Back