2014 Schwinn Super DX with motor

Sep 24, 2014
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably the world's first 2014 Schwinn super deluxe turned into e-bike? Since this model was produced a few, not that many people should have tried to modify I believe.

The main idea was to build an e-bike that does not look like one. I had to use minimum elec-wires and hid them under the beer bottle holder and attach worn out notebook bag as if I was carrying a normal bag. I also hid the lcd panel under the seat so people can not notice.

The main spec is 70 dollar ebike kit with 250 dollar 36v13Ah Li-ion battery. I had get rid of the BMX handlebar with w-shaped old classic one and changed that comfy seat with more sleek look specialized stock seat. And added a classic look head light.

Won't it be still nice cruising around beach with ebike holding a cold beer?

My next modification includes turning that cheap headlight with 12v bike lamp and possibly change that battery bag with some nice vintage leather bag.

Reactions: slump

OCD

Nov 21, 2009
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and stealthy, few people would realize what's really going on. Good to see a manufacturer finally bringing beer drinking and biking together in one package :p

Sep 24, 2014
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and stealthy, few people would realize what's really going on. Good to see a manufacturer finally bringing beer drinking and biking together in one package :p
Yeah finally..., schwinn must know what guys like most...

May 4, 2012
Oregon high desert
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
cool E bike would never have thought of hiding it like that congrats!!

Sep 24, 2014
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, since it is my first attempt making an e bike it may look little sloppy but i am thinking about building another one for my father using Felt frame kit with Monark fork. I will let you guys know how it comes along. Happy ride!