2002 7 Speed Internal Hub Raleigh Retroglide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked this up today and probably paid a little too much for it because of the rust on bike. I’ll clean it up and replace chain, seat, tires and see if I want to keep it to customize or sell. Has those really cool front forks.

a6a7feabc5b41b75060e6120cfae3e44.jpg

e5a7699a349e0f7e1644f2bbc1f0bd46.jpg

93bdcd1cea012a951380dfac16e919e2.jpg

9d4d2209a0e6862a0b0fd7d3119234d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple bikes with the 7spd nexus. I had a 8spd at one time, but don't currently. I love the close ratio 7spd though I've heard some criticisms concerning it. It seems to me that there is always a perfect gear to be in given even the slightest changes in the riding conditions...and the gear spacing feels even throughout the range. The wide ratio 8spd occasionally has the same feeling of a 3spd SA, in that one gear will feel too high, the other too low. The 8spd has a far greater range of gear ratios than the 7spd, however.

That said, with the 7spd it should make a great rider :thumbsup:

Jason

Had more issues than the rust. Had to put a new chain, handlebars and service bottom bracket. Have several seats. Don’t know if I should just keep the seat that it has now or put a cruiser seat on it. Love the really cool head badge on it!

... especially like the 'vette, my favorite color on that generation!

Jason

The car was originally tuxedo black. It’s my buddies and he is trying to get it back to completely original condition sans the paint job. It is color correct paint for that year.

Latest posts

Back