1977 Emory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This was going to be a military themed bike, but I like the 70's paint and crude frame, so this is it:

wtgm00.jpg

a4vo13.jpg

2quro80.jpg

2hyz3gj.jpg

Yes, made in Jacksonville Florida, they say they made the original beach cruiser. Low quality bikes, this bike may be pretty rare.
2dkza05.jpg

Actually, I'm going to keep it like it is, and pick out another frame for the military buildoff. This bike was actually the top of the line deluxe model for Emory back then, hard to believe when you look at the welds and workmanship. Looks like a high school welding project. I hope the Emory people aren't reading this, but it's really poor quality. Even though the fork and frame are correct, it rides funny because of the position of the front wheel. If you've ever ridden a bike with the forks bent backward, that's what it rides like. The mount for the chainguard was welded too high on the frame, you can see in the picture a giant sprocket would fit the bike. The paint job reminds me of the 70's, flourescent green with flat black, probably hand painted with spray cans at the factory. Horrendous, but a part of history. I like it.

wow what a curious bike! funny, it reminds me of the 80s. those bmx bars would look good, and mayby a bright coloured plastic BMX seat? anodising anyone? ya? no?

This was traded for my wife's trike, but I actually saw the same style frame on a bike at the secondhand store yesterday. I'm debating whether to go get it or not, it's probably 35 bucks.

Latest posts

Back