1967 stingray deluxe.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this build has been along time in the making. i started several months back. the bike itself was found in the trash. the front forks ruined, so i added a set of 26" forks i had lying around.
i rode it this way for a month before it went under the knife sorta speak.
IMG_0774.jpg

shortly there after, i got a novel idea, alittle cutting, alittle gas pipe, alittle welding and bam!
IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

and i rode the bike this way for a month or so
IMG_0886.jpg

eventually i decided to chrome plate the bike.
3 months later, enough was enough. i almost cried when i picked up the bike (followed by a breif fit of rage. :) )
IMG_1508.jpg

fear not! all is not lost.
due to the heavy pitting the bike recieved alittle body work and new paint.
sherwin williams black jade.
(a green/gold/bronze/black color change metallic)

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

found another plater to do the original fenders,crank/bb/sprokets etc.
IMG_1642.jpg

i planned on having the bike finished this evening, but unfortunatly my replacement forks didn't show up.
IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

now you'll have to excuse me while i break out the seweing machine to stitch a leopard print seat cover. ;)

you puttin that together with vice grips and a mallet????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sweet lookin ride!!!

i chipped the paint on one of the spokes. i used the vise grips to open a testors lid. (touch up)
however i did have to remove paint with a dremel and use the mallet to put in the bb. :) (it was a gental tap)
so yeah guess i'm puttin it together with a mallet vise grips and a dremel. :) (with the aid of a few wrenches/ ratchets etc.)

man i can't wait to take it for a ride tomorrow!

Looking sweet! I have to admit I wasn't crazy about the frame when I first saw it but that paint job really does something for it. I guess having it all one color shows the lines of the frame and I really like it.

Flame Jigger said:
Looking sweet! I have to admit I wasn't crazy about the frame when I first saw it but that paint job really does something for it. I guess having it all one color shows the lines of the frame and I really like it.

thx

my friends all say the same thing. the bikes really dont come together until paint.
IMG_1051_2.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

fell alsleep on the couch last night. woke up to see the first rays of sun on the bike and i can't wait to get on with my day/bike build. this things gonna look insane in the sun.
IMG_1666.jpg

took the bike out today for its maiden voyage. theres a music festival down at the park.
sure turned alot of heads. i couldn't be happier with the end result.
IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1672_2.jpg

still have a few finishing touches to pick up/complete.
gonna get a set of 67 water transfer decals for the deluxe ray and gonna repaint the head badge.

nice job !!! usually not my style of bike but i love how much of the original bike you can still recognize is there. like how you kept the original chainguard in there too :D

theres alot of original ray in there, i tried to keep as much as possible.it is a 67deluxe after all. :) it even rides on the original rubber.
i actually sold this bike to a friend a couple months back. he was the one that asked for the leopard print seat. :)
he never saw the bike until after i chopped it up and welded it back together. yesterday when we picked up the forks he saw an old orange krate that sits above the counter of my lbs. he knew right away that i used a similar style bike to build his.

i was quite shocked, he's not ususally much of a bicycle type guy, and probably wouldn't have known what a schwinn stingray deluxe was if it hit him in the side of the head. but he picked it out the bike within seconds of entering the store.

Latest posts

Back