1956 X53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Bought this from the original owner a couple of days ago! It was her Christmas present when she was 10 years old. The last time she used it was about 15 years ago and her husband had mounted a child seat to the rack with zip ties for her to ride with her grandchild.

I asked why she decided to sell it after keeping it her whole life. She told me that it had been stored in her mothers barn and they are having to clear out all their stuff to move her mother into assisted living. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I planned to throw away all of the fenders and other junk so that I could cut up the frame and build a burrito bike.:angelic:

x1.jpg
x2.jpg
x3.jpg

The first bike I ever fixed up was one of those. 1977. It was covered in dirt for years at a friend's junkyard. The original owner saw it after I had finished it and she just had to have it. So it sits in a shed back at the junkyard today.

Since it's all there, I would do a gender change using the original tank somehow.

Heat getting to you???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh man thats to cool to chop up :eek:.

Heat getting to you???
Ahh man thats to cool to chop up :eek:.
Just kidding of course about cutting it up.:D
But the one owner story is true. Her husband said that she and all of the neighborhood girls had a bicycle gang!LOL

I need to find a rear reflector housing to make it complete. I plan to just give it a good cleaning, turn the 'aerodynamic' stem around and leave it all original. I might change tires, only because the rear looks very cracked along the side wall. I'll be able to tell more when I replace the tube.

Very Cool-If you were inclined to add your tank, how would it connect at the seat tube with that rack frame where it is?

Very Cool-If you were inclined to add your tank, how would it connect at the seat tube with that rack frame where it is?

I hadn't really considered a convertible tank for this one. I might have to play with the idea.:39:

A one-owner bike is a treasure. Save her name, the story, and preserve this. Very cool!

interested in the chainguard if you part Jim..
I'll sell you the chainguard and throw in the rest of the bike for free. But there's already one person in line ahead of you.

Does your lady ride with you? It'd be a nice cruise night bike with a nexus and new wheels n' tires. Once in a while I see a bike that colored tires would look nice on. Blue or at least blue walls would look cool. Even have a name, Rat Bat Blue...

Guitarl.

Latest posts

Back