19?? Rollfast Space Racer Deluxe aka Pond Poacher

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy came into the bike shop where I work and said "I am either leaving this here or taking it to the dump" !!!! All It needed was a little tlc, some tires, a chain, and the rack brazed. The rod holders are made from plumbing drain pvc . Hope ya dig it.

100_0501.jpg

100_0498.jpg

100_0502.jpg

The number 60 is attached to both wheels' spokes, I am not sure why but it looks cool
100_0504.jpg

It already had 1 small trout and a stupid sunny!!!!
100_0506.jpg

Oh man! What is wrong with people these days...? :lol: Awesome find, those are some of the nicest looking cruisers IMO. I like the original beauty of that one.... The 60's in the spokes are very cool, and I'm a sucker for baskets. :lol:

I had the same bicycle, missing all the goodies, and it became this:

14488qe.jpg

Thanks! The fork is actually a period and manufacturer correct Hawthorne springer. The same springer was used on Rollfasts like yours.... only on the deluxe models of certain years, though. It is not original equipment to my frame (the orig. fork is going to be sold eventually... it had no spring, just a light mount) but could have possibly been used on it. My original chainguard was identical to yours.

Our bicycles, had I not modified mine and had it still had most of the factory equipment, would have been VERY similar. Probably the exact same bicycles trimmed out differently for the two different names.

WOW........Hey I'm happy that theres idoits out there that dont know what they have, because hey or we woudnt be having RAD luck like yourself........Amazing find and I just love the style........I just got a Rollfast myself.......Beautiful ride my friend..........

Back