★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 3)

char said:
That looks really good! Nice work, I love it so far! :D Straight bar frames are super cool!
I NEED TO GO GET MINE OUT NBW! YOU DOING IT BIG TIME. PEACE

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 3)

yoothgeye said:
Oh NOES! Your springer doesn't spring! :eek:

It should still spring because I have to add a piece :wink: This is only a mock-up :D

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 4)

UPDATE 4

Finally finished sanding! :shock: A total of 13 hours just in sanding :shock: :shock: I left the front with some paint because it's getting painted :wink: I did a quick polish with Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish and it came out pretty shiney :mrgreen:

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

That fork really throws me off.
It aint my build, but I actually like the full springer better.
Just my opinion, but build your bike for you.

Thanks for the feedback :wink: I'm going to leave the fork like that, I think it looks cool 8) Kind of looks like Monark fork :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I'm going to leave the fork like that, I think it looks cool 8)
I do too plus it's unique! Sure like that bare metal frame... Nice job
I'm sure you already know this, but be sure to clean off the polish (waxy) before starting to paint, Good Luck

im diggin the fork as is.. looks wierd cool if that makes sence... :mrgreen:

I know you're not using them, but I like the wheel and tire combo. On some sorta bike, they'd look cool.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! :D

Ian, I like the wheels too, but I have differnt plans :wink: I may put them on my Firestone...will see :mrgreen:

Lookin sweet buddy! Just keep doing what you are doing. Build it like you want it! I am impressed with your progress so far! 8) As Jake would say...."GTB" :lol:

pick said:
Lookin sweet buddy! Just keep doing what you are doing. Build it like you want it! I am impressed with your progress so far! 8) As Jake would say...."GTB" :lol:
Thanks Pick! 8) I appreciate the positive feedback :D

Xcruiser said:
Cant wait to see some paint buddy!!! Keep it up. After 13 hours of sanding you got props from me man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! :p Can't wait to start painting 8)

Yeah it's a rocker arm :wink: It's there but covered in RUST :mrgreen:

tin machine said:
don't take it wrong , a true friend will tell you the truth !! that fork will work properly if you fix it ,which will give you more tire clearence ,and it will add to the value of the bike when finished , its a very easy fix , just cut away the old fork and have a welder mig or braze a replacement to the original coller and reinstall , then it will work properly !!! don't take it wrong buddy ..just my 2 cents :wink:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Yeah it's a rocker arm :wink: It's there but covered in RUST :mrgreen:

I appreciate the advice, but I have a tight budget on this build :wink: Last year I built my bike for under $100, and I'd like to do that again :wink: And I want to buy a Felt El Guapo! :shock:

I'm not worried about tire clearence because I'm going to put a 26x1.75 up front! 8)

Way cool build with some nice parts choices. Can't wait to witness more!

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 5-Fork Sanded)

UPDATE 5

Put 3 hours into sanding the fork this afternoon and finished it :wink: The top will be gloss black and the bottom bare metal. I was hoping to put primer on this weekend, but t-storms are predicted :(

008.jpg

Also cleaned these few parts :wink: They were extremely rusted and pitted.
007-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back