★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★We have a frame now!!

I’ve learned if you want to get parts...Advertise the heck out of this build. Keep a thread going in the Bike talk, Wanted, and builds section asking for parts. See if Steve will give you the front page for a week asking for parts. Do whatever you can!!! 8)

yeah i guess ur rite kota there was a ton of bikes n the build off ...i guess ppl r prolly burnt ..i guess i never thought about that ...
and ur rite about the tires ...i prolly should have thought a little bit more b4 i said anything ...

Need any one to weld up the fork? if you got me the fork and the dimensions I hasve materials for truss rods. just pm for add if you need help
Gary

Last years happned around build off time as well... I think since it was the first one everyone was really excited to see what would happen.... this year we are just following in the footsteps trying to keep a good thing going.

As far as being burned out... Maybe chose a diffirent hobby if you get burned out on this one.... it takes no time to just sit down and toss out an idea here or there. Give a little positive feedback or constructive criticism... I cannot imagine that if you really loved this kind of thing that you would get burned out by a buildoff. I am always excited to see new builds and new takes on ideas.

I am doing this to provide Steve with a little flow to keep a great site going.... A little effort by the online family goes along ways to make this a great place. This website is the roots to my hobby.... I enjoyed riding classic bikes, then one evening while typing in ratrod under google images i saw one bike that caught my eye... I was not even looking for bikes.. just typing ratrod into search area... Clicked on the picture and it brought me here... from then on it has been a daily thing to check this site...

So, in closing I feel honored to build this and at the same time entertain everyone with the build. And when it is all said and done.. somebody will be out there riding another one of my creations.... I dont get much betta den dat... 8)

Oh... and here is the first ratrod bike that brought me to this wonderful land of kick-butt (keepin it clean) bicycles....
clothespinin.jpg

Oops didnt see mikesbikes post don' want to step on toes still willing to help.

mikesbikes36 said:
hey if ur gonna use those blue forks on this build ..how much left over room r u gonna have once u get it in there and get all ur heatset stuff on it ,,,is it a girls fork ? cause if i make the top of the forks like the ones in the pictures there gonna have 2 b longer..ya know
if not i belive i have a black set just like those off a old girls schwinn bike that may work ,,,how long is ur headtube .from cup 2 cup ...im ready 2 get these babies started .... :D

005.jpg

0022.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

garagegoon said:
As far as being burned out... Maybe chose a diffirent hobby if you get burned out on this one.... it takes no time to just sit down and toss out an idea here or there. Give a little positive feedback or constructive criticism... I cannot imagine that if you really loved this kind of thing that you would get burned out by a buildoff.

I sorry...Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers...I guess I'm going to have to take up Knitting, for a while.

KOTA said:
garagegoon said:
As far as being burned out... Maybe chose a diffirent hobby if you get burned out on this one.... it takes no time to just sit down and toss out an idea here or there. Give a little positive feedback or constructive criticism... I cannot imagine that if you really loved this kind of thing that you would get burned out by a buildoff.

I sorry...Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers...I guess I'm going to have to take up Knitting, for a while.

Nothing ruffled... I think like texting a persons real meaning behind what they type or feelings felt get missunderstood... I am just playing around... I guess its like gruff motivation saying don't be a wimp... get into the build... There is no time to get burned out.... :D

"Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball."

Anyways... hope there are no hard feelings... Just speaking my mind... i want everyone to get involved... but if only a few of us do it will still get accomplished.

Just bustin ya...Like I said, when you REALLY need something, someone WILL step up. Last year DN and Dr.T asked me for a fork, I think I responded that I was to busy. Then when I recognized that they REALLY needed one...I found the time. I think you guys are of to a great start....Here's my opinion...Ya NEED the Jerald(?) slicks, front and back...Get a price..I'll contribute some, and I'm sure others will also.....Now leave me alone, I'm working on another weird build (kidding). :lol:

I was gonna call Tim from Jerald Sulkey and see if he would donate his own product... He is after all a member of this forum... If not donate them offer a discount on them... i think once we get the tires and the fork mated up to the frame people will see the vision... No rush though... When its done... its done... no set time frame... Once done we will auction it.... if people are burned out it will give them time to warm up to the idea of another build.... 8)

"...Get a price..I'll contribute some, and I'm sure others will also...."

I will contribute, if we can't get them donated. :|

pick said:
"...Get a price..I'll contribute some, and I'm sure others will also...."

I will contribute, if we can't get them donated. :|

Thank you Pick...

Lets see if I can work my magic this week and see if I can get him to gimme gimme sum.... :wink:

i think the orage forks wold work out better ,,,yes ? as ling as it fits with the build !!!
would b awsome if u could get some sulkeys .them r cool tires!!!

I'd like to pitch in. Not sure what I could help with, but I have stems, cranks, etc. if anybody needs 'em. I think garagegoon was doing the wheels? If you need help with that, let me know.

Looks like most of the major parts are accounted for, what about details, like a seat bag/cannister?

Just a sugestion why not use 3 crown forks like the artwork it would be easer to pull off the look. Easer to make the truss rodes brace back to the fork crown also.

XC204 said:
Just a sugestion why not use 3 crown forks like the artwork it would be easer to pull off the look. Easer to make the truss rodes brace back to the fork crown also.
I agree the forks previously shown are not the same look as the concept design. I unfortunately do not have a set of forks like those to put up otherwise I would. But I was wondering what kind of grips you were going for? I have a few sets all in pretty great shape. I am willing to help there if need be.

Dave: I've got the wheels stripped off the bike & removed the tires. PM me & let me know when you want them & I'll bring em to ya!

I have a 3 crown that I can weld on the required length steerer and trusses if you want.

ya know i just went back and looked at the picture ...i think a triple crown fork would b cool also ...would look like the ones on the bike alot more ...would prolly be easier for me 2 hook the rods 2 also ...but i thought we were going with the look of the fork in the 4th post top pic ...someone help me out on this ...LOL b4 GG sends me the orange forks ....MIKE

You wanted ideas and constructive criticism. :lol: ...Here ya go. You MUST have a TRIPLE crown fork, it's one of the major features in the illustration. It also has a "slight" bend to it. You'll notice the top of the tire is just even or slightly higher then the crowns....Now where can we get those forks bent, ever so slightly? :roll:

Latest posts

Back