1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by garagegoon, Aug 17, 2011.

1. garagegoon

garagegoon

Details to follow.... Just gettn the engine to turn over now... 8)

We will be going off the the T-Shirt design... Thank you to herr_rudolf for a wonderful illustration to build off of.... 8)

[​IMG]

2. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Head Honcho Moderator

Oh man...this is gonna be cool.

Makes me want to order some more shirts to sell. :mrgreen:

3. garagegoon

garagegoon

When I first thought of doing this bike... I picked up this... but it turned into my buildoff bike... I would love to find another to build the Auction Bike... This Auction Bike is going to be super clean...

Only mod to a frame like this would be the lowering and slight bending of lower bar.. Other than that it fits the bill... fork and all...

[​IMG]

4. cman

cman Moderator

5. mikesbikes36

mikesbikes36

if u decide 2 go with a fork like that ....id love 2 build em!!! i wanna do something for this auction bike 2 ....keep me in mind !! or what ever kinda fork u decide 2 go with ...

6. garagegoon

garagegoon

Hey... I dig the snot outa those forks!!!! If you can build one I would be more that happy to mount it on a frame....

I am going to try and pry a CWC frame from a friends hands... he has plenty stacked up but loves them so much it will be hard.... 8)

7. mikesbikes36

mikesbikes36

when u get the forks send em my way and ill get on it !!!! they would have 2 be made outa steel tho ...im not set up 2 weld stainless...if that would be ok ill do it for sure ...!!!! MIKE

8. DonQui

DonQui

Oh man this bike is going to b cool! 8)

9. pick

pick

I can sandblast & powder coat any items that you need coated. Satin Black??? My oven is approx. 36"x36", so if it will fit I can do it! I believe a 26" frame will fit.

10. garagegoon

garagegoon

11. garagegoon

garagegoon

I got powdercoat takin care of... PPG Gloss Black.... May do wheels in Gloss White.... This is one thing I love doing... Used to do it for Big Dog Motorcycles until they went belly up.... 8)

12. pick

pick

I've got a pair of 26" wheels off a Western Flyer, kind of rusty (ratty), but not rusted through, appear to be solid & could possibly be cleaned up some. Probably need to be trued. No missing spokes, but they are loose. Let me know if you are interested.

13. garagegoon

garagegoon

Sounds good to me.... I will take them apart... Powder hoops... put all new stainless spokes in them... awsome!!!

14. Gdcast

Gdcast

This is gonna be sweet! I would love to be closer to you guys so I could contribute with something...
    I know this site is full of awesome Graphic Designers like herr_rudolf and Rat Rod, but If I can help with some of that it would be great :wink:

15. garagegoon

garagegoon

16. garagegoon

garagegoon

Double Nickle ... I think on that RRB plate all we need is a nice clean oval piece of steel... I would like to weld it to the truss rods to make permanent... then I will paint it white post welding... I have a machine to print and cut out vinyle letters to place on after completion.....

17. pick

pick

Just realized I have a solid plain sprocket (no cut-outs) with 40 teeth, will that do??? :?:

18. American Vintage Bicycle Supply

American Vintage Bicycle Supply Double Nickle Moderator

So all you need me to do is cut it out and send it to you.

19. mikesbikes36

mikesbikes36

so do u guys still need me 2 build the forks with the rods on em or what ...??? i didnt see my name on the list so i was wonderin!!!

20. garagegoon

garagegoon

If that is ok... What were you thinkin? Im just building ideas at the moment...