Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tailwinds

Great Western Crown

Wow! Great bike! I saw a very similar bike at Ann Arbor and I ALMOST pulled the trigger.
  2. Tailwinds

St. Louis MO, Sun April 20th, Antique Bicycle Display, Meet, and Ride at Forest Park

UPDATE! Plan to arrive around 10:30am on Sunday, April 20th at the upper Muny parking lot. Other show participants will be arriving at this time but we will have a well marked and great location for bicycles adjacent to the classic cars. Around 2pm we'll rally the group and set off on a...
  3. Tailwinds

St. Louis MO, Sun April 20th, Antique Bicycle Display, Meet, and Ride at Forest Park

An important event is taking place within the antique bicycle hobby on Easter Sunday, April 20th at Forest Park in St. Louis, Missouri. Each year for the past 53 years on Easter Sunday the Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri has held their Concours d'Elegance at the Muny in Forest Park. The...
  4. Tailwinds

2014 MIDWEST BICYCLE EXPO AND SWAP MEET 1-26-14

Hey you got some nice pics of my gold/orange Mercury Pacemaker last year! I'll be there again with a couple of bikes to show. Remember, there's also a show in Indianapolis on Saturday the 25th, the day before this St. Louis event, so make a weekend out of it if you can! I'll be driving to Indy...
  5. Tailwinds

Barn Rescue 1936 Fleetwood Supreme

Wow! Blast from the past! This was one of the first old bikes I pursued based on an online sale listing. Much of the reason I do this is for the thrill of the hunt, I drove all the way to Kentucky to get this.
  6. Tailwinds

-Midwest Bicycle Expo Show and Swap- Jan 26, 2014

The annual Midwest Bicycle Expo Show and Swap will be held January 26, 2014 at the Collinsville Convention Center. This is the yearly event in St. Louis which combines a swap event for bikes of all vintages, new and old, with a classic bike show. This is an extremely well-attended event and is...
  7. Tailwinds

Bike Shop Bought Out-Pic HEAVY!

Re: Bike Shop Buy Out "HMS and skateboards"..... What is "HMS"??? :? :?
  8. Tailwinds

The St. Louis (Collinsville, IL) show

Oh that doesn't bother me one bit, the photo turned out kinda neat. I know you were a long way from home when you attended our show on Sunday and I really appreciate you attending! Please come back next year if you can.
  9. Tailwinds

The St. Louis (Collinsville, IL) show

Is that my photo? ^
  10. Tailwinds

Rare Huffman Twin Flex dual springer

Lookin' good 1918Ranger! Does the Huffman badged model not use the peaked style fenders like the Firestone?
  11. Tailwinds

Rare Huffman Twin Flex dual springer

Any progress on this Twin-Flex???
  12. Tailwinds

Ratrod Project Finished... -PHOTOS-

I definitely had to cut the steer tube down, but the end result worked out. There was still enough thread on the top of the tube and all of the springer bracket angles fit.
  13. Tailwinds

Ratrod Project Finished... -PHOTOS-

Here's a project I was tinkering with for a while, it was more of a design concept than a bike you could ride and live with (although it's ridable)... still don't know what to call it. It's going on permanent display at a St. Louis advertising/marketing/creativity company on Thursday so I...
  14. Tailwinds

SUNDAY OCT. 21st 3rd Annual FOX VALLEY BIKETOBERFEST

Gary, I was so hoping to see what you brought to the show this year, and I had two bikes I couldn't wait to bring. Unfortunately/fortunately my shop hosted the Fat Tire Festival in far southern Illinois the same weekend. Anybody have some pics of the show???
  15. Tailwinds

Classic Rat

Been wanting to throw something together for a while that echoes what we consider the classic ratrod elements we see in the old cars. Red wheels, white walls, black body (yeah I know it's been done to death, oh wells). Started with a '57 Straight Bar and slapped some parts on it. I hate to...
  16. Tailwinds

interested in a mountain bike

"Don't want to break the bank" means something different to everyone. $450 is just about the ground floor in MTB prices these days, but that's a good "bike shop quality" bike. This can be a bike that lasts for years and years if treated well enough and maintained.
  17. Tailwinds

Bike Trailer Ideas

Longtime no see RRB. I've been incredibly busy this year traveling the world and building bikes, this has left me much less internet time than in the past, oh wells. Thinking about going to Mackinac Island next summer and seeing as how the island is bicycle/horse drawn transportation only I...
  18. Tailwinds

North American Handmade Bicycle Show 2012

Ira's bike had some really cool details (but don't all of the NAHBS bikes?). It used matching Chris King headset, BB, and hubs on the bike. Then the trailer had the same hubs, and two headsets, one one mounted radially, and one mounted axially on the trailer to allow the trailer to both turn and...
  19. Tailwinds

Cutaway Hub Collection & CAD Models

Just got this one the other day.....
Back