Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Leroy

"Most under done trend?"

Camelback bmx cruisers. Like the skullskates or the new porkchop landrace. I can't believe he won't ship to australia! :cry:
  2. Leroy

Porkchop Landrace

That is unspeakably rad. In the truest sense of the word. Rad. What are the chances of fitting a 700c wheel in the back of that frame do you reckon?
  3. Leroy

Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (More photos up)

I may have a line on another one fo these fit for a resto. But I've been digging this one so much I want to do another hipster styled one. Someone say Mich Seatpost?
  4. Leroy

It's pretty light really. I carry it up the steps at work with one hand. Most of the weight is in the rear hub. And the rims are heavier than they need to be, a standard profile or even a regular deep v would be lighter. No way is it to heavy to haul around all the time though. It's easy to pump...
  5. Leroy

Street skinny cruiser thread!

Here's mine. Build thread here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=32397&p=316348#p316348
  6. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) When you say they work better with lower gear ratios, do you just mean they work better because you're not going as fast? Or is there something to do with the sprocket size that affects braking? I've gotten into the habit of...
  7. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) The 2 speed is pretty cool. Very quiet, doesn't seem to be much friction loss at all. I wonder if the coaster brake could be a little stronger, maybe they get better with some wearing in? I'm runing a fairly high gear ratio, which...
  8. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) Taken me a while to get pictures taken, been too busyriding this thing. Here's a shot of the seatpost and saddle. The saddle is extra comfy, not in a cushy way, I just don't even notice it's there. The front hub took forever to...
  9. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) My missus found this one on gumtree, but if you just search "Malvern Star" on ebay then they often turn up for not too much. I've seen the original seat go for more than whole skidstars before, ebay's a weird place.
  10. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) Made a lot of progress today, grips on, rear sprocket and tyre on, touched up the enamel on a fluted ITM seatpost for extra hipster points. Forgot to take any photos though. I'll take some more teasers as soon as I can.
  11. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) I'll have to take some photos of it, throw it in the free bikes thread. Might get time monday.
  12. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) Na I bought the hub from AEbike.com, not too pricey really. And now's the time to order, before the AUD drops again. I have a cheap taiwanese KT 2 speed hub from my 3g sitting around, which I was originally going to buld into this...
  13. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) Here's a sneak peek at the rear wheel.
  14. Leroy

Re: Malvern Star 2 Speed Hipster (Warning, credit rod content) The ourys won't be making an appearance, as much as I like them. At first I was planning on a top tube pad, but i figured it'd interrupt the flow of the frame. The best is yet to come though.
  15. Leroy

So I'm sorry to swan back in here after so long (and never having contributed that much in the first place) with a hipster build. But I'm so stoked about getting this bike together I can't wait to share it. We start with a 21st gift from my girlfriend. Malvern Star Skidstar frame, blissfully...
  16. Leroy

Trail Blazer... Completed (almost)

Re: Trail Blazer... And so it begins (again) Acrylic enamel removes the need for a clear coat? Why is that? Looking rad btw.
  17. Leroy

What did you do to your bike today?

I found the source of the persistent and embarassing rattle... Then tried to ignore it all the way to and from work and then put it back in the shed.
  18. Leroy

WIDOWMAKER IV - ready to rumble!

Super-rad!
  19. Leroy

skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Re: skull-o sis (bone-afied bars!) That's what you keep 'em around for. Every now and then they pull you into line in a good way. Looks good man, although I still can't believe the steering works.
Back