Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

Silent Blue Fellow

UPDATE So the hour glass ran out and I didn't finish but theres always next year. I had some complications in the jackshaft (should of welded it to the frame) and the top of my tripple tree needed some kind of clamp. I'm going to part out the bike and keep the frame and use it for something...
  2. N

Get a hat with a chin strap - **UPDATED PICS**

I regret getting the purple "Huffy Slingshot," the really rusty Hiawatha with the nice badge, and the 20 and 24 inch balloon tire bikes mixed in with the muscle bike row (near the shed). My buddy, who likes pedal cars, found some pedal cars and old wagons in the blackberry bushes near the...
  3. N

Get a hat with a chin strap - **UPDATED PICS**

So I know this in an old post but I was thinking about that pick today. I was there within the first week it was posted on CL and was blown away. It was the kind of experience that it is so overwelming on where to start that I was in a cold sweat. When I arrived there were 2 others guys...
  4. N

Silent Blue Fellow

I almost was going to rig up a crazy jackshaft setup like one I had seen on this forum before, but just don't have time to fab up all the parts (trying to get another project done too).
  5. N

Silent Blue Fellow

So I got enough skiptooth chain from an old girls Columbia I have at my folks barn. Now I need to attatch a skiptooth sprocket onto a shimano style sprocket. If I had more time, I would just pay the $20 and buy the shimano-compatible Skiptooth sprocket from Memory lane, but running out of...
  6. N

Silent Blue Fellow

So I had a few design changes. I took some Fat Franks off of a motorized bike build instead of the red tires I was going to use. Looks alot better. I screwed up the paint on the tank and not sure what to do but I will figure it out. heres a closeup on my scratch built tripple tree fork. I...
  7. N

Silent Blue Fellow

So the clock is ticking and I still don't have a saddle picked out yet. Was going to make one but not sure.
  8. N

Chicks need love too

My wife wants to buy this bike. that hood ornament give me ideas
  9. N

"LACKLUSTER"

Too bad newskool cruisers dont look like this, I would buy this bike. Nice build! Love the Jerald Cart tires, thinking about using those in a build one of these days.
  10. N

Silent Blue Fellow

Going to go visit the ol' folks this afternoon and salvage some parts from the barn for the bike. I have a pre-war columbia that has a skiptooth chain with my name on it and some headset parts off of a Wally-world cruiser. My folks have an old barn where most of my craigslist finds end of...
  11. N

Silent Blue Fellow

Pinstruped my frame, fork, and chainring. Not superawsome at pinstriping and some of my lines are a little shakey but its done by hand with a brush, no tape-cheating here. I used a scroll brush until my pinstripe brush is reformed. my back patio studio had to start over a couple times to...
  12. N

Silent Blue Fellow

so I started practicing my Pinstripe pattern for the forks, took a break then a wind gust lifted up the carboard my full can of 1-shot bright red was sitting on and emptied it onto my back patio table. I salveged about a half can of paint but now I have red fingernails. Nothing like washing my...
  13. N

Silent Blue Fellow

Its been in the 80's and 90's around here so I started painting parts. Here is the tank and rear fender. I was going with a front fender but want to keep it looking simple. Masked the wheel for painting. Scallop masking. Its so clean as it is, but I plan on outlining the edges with red...
  14. N

Silent Blue Fellow

As builds go sometimes, they move in the path they want to go rather than where you originally wanted to take it. I'm going to scrap the front fender idea and just go with a rear and keep the build simple so I can focus on the finer details and....August is coming up.
  15. N

Silent Blue Fellow

Gee thanks, Sometimes good creativity comes from a lack of money.
  16. N

Silent Blue Fellow

also shows some good photos of how messy and small my shop is.
  17. N

Silent Blue Fellow

So I found 2 almost identical quil stems and cut the clamp in half. This will give make it cleaner look and give more weld area for a good bond rather than what I originally was going to do (cut the clamp part altogether). here are some before and after photos. I started out by positioning...
  18. N

Silent Blue Fellow

I love peeps! Awsome ....no those are no the strippers I'm talkn about
  19. N

New School "moving to finished"

Re: New School "tugnuts" Thats AWSOME!!!! I got to go back a few pages to see how you rigged up those forks. If I saw that at a bike shop i would totally buy that.
  20. N

Silent Blue Fellow

also figured out how to attatch the bars. I got 2 little kids bike quil stems from a project I scrapped years ago. They barely fit in the tripple tree tubing. I think you may know where I am going with this. I will cut the clamps off and weld the stems to the handlebars. It will limit the...
Back