Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

My Whip

Thanks!
  2. D

My Whip

In constant pedaling it's fine, never slips, but, 1. Hard to tell you're in low gear when starting out; only way to know for sure is to pedal and if it feels too high, try downshifting. 2. Shifting isn't uniform; sometimes a stout backpedal won't do it; other times the slightest backward motion...
  3. D

My Whip

I hear ya. I think the stamped dropout can better take it than if it were forged. Thank goodness for cheap bikes. If it does break, I have another frame waiting in the wings. I've also noticed that the fork is tweaked- the crown does not line up with the axle. :shock:
  4. D

My Whip

I've dressed the Whip up a bit. Longer handlebar stem, Brooks saddle. More comfy. I've had it out for a few rides now. Kind of a neat ride. It was a bit awkward to ride at first, but I just had to get used to riding more upright than I'm used to. With the sprung Brooks saddle, it's...
  5. D

My Whip

I rarely post here, to be honest. Like I said in the first post, I've gotten to know Charles (ride with him pretty frequently, actually). I went to the Dallas Ride and Show back in 2009 and joined back then. I've made only a few posts since then. I noticed you posted in the first thread I...
  6. D

Belair tricycle

Dang.
  7. D

My Whip

I don't post here much. I do ride with Charles once in a while here in Fort Worth; hopefully that doesn't hurt his reputation ;) Anyway, my sweet spot is '80s road bikes, but I recently came up with a built of one of those that maybe belongs here. The bike came to me as The Dumpster Queen- a...
  8. D

Windsor Tanker " the brewer's bike"

I'll have you know Charles rode this single speed behemoth on a fitness ride a few weeks back. He was able to hang in there pretty good with people riding geared bikes weighing half as much. What a beast!
  9. D

Clover Lane

Very cool, Charles... if you ever get some headbadges like that made up, I'll buy one from you. (I'm Paul from Night Riders).
  10. D

DALLAS RIDE & SHOW - (PHOTOS POSTED!!!!!!)

Is this gonna happen again this year? I really enjoyed it last year. I know there was a problem holding it at Fair Park.... will there maybe be a change of venue?
  11. D

I met StephenH on BikeForums when I first joined last fall. We rode together in the Denton Turkey Roll. 40 miles or whatever it was on a single speed Worksman was pretty impressive!
  12. D

Brand new user here! I'm in a couple of the pics above- I have the light blue-dark blue horizontal striped rugby style shirt. Anyway, I took a bunch of pics too, including several on the ride. Click this link to go to the slide show on Photobucket. The meet was a lot of fun. The ride...
Back