Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Corona Rat

Nothing special, just a simple N+1build (if you can call it that) on a 70's Murray-built Hiawatha I picked up off a fellow forum member to keep me sane during COVID. I removed the chrome fenders, which are in really nice shape, added ape hangers and Thompson grips. It came with that sweet...
  2. W

Fixing 5/16 Front Axle Threads?

I recently received a nice, what appears to be Murray-built, Hiawatha from a forum member. Unfortunately, FedEx's kind and loving hands caused the threads on one side of the axle to get kludged up. The hex nut moves but it takes alot of effort. I tried to back the nut off the axle to try to...
  3. W

7/8" Laidback Seatpost?

Looking for suggestions for a 7/8" dia. laidback seatpost. As I understand it, some are to be avoided due to structural concerns. Looking to fit my 6', 34" inseam lanky body on a cruiser frame and don't want my seat way up in the air. Thanks for the help!
  4. W

1989 Schwinn Cruiser

Picked up this Giant-made Cruiser on Craigslist for $65. Its in a lot better condition than the seller showed. Here it is as-purchased: And after my first mod (haha): The chrome's in pretty decent shape, typical chips and scratches in the paint, seems like everything's lubed up pretty...
  5. W

Hi from Long Island, NY

First off, I love bikes. I own a 2016 Salsa Fargo, a 1980 Motobecane Grand Jubile, and I'm building an 80's Kuwahara MTB frame up into a drop bar conversion. My tinkering revolves around 80's road bikes and MTBs. I've never been a fan of your standard, run of the mill, big box beach cruiser...
Back