Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tjwilson

Tweaker's Rehab - Continued

Thanks again for the comments. @RustyGold, here's an action shot. As reference for overall size I'm about 5'8".
  2. tjwilson

The Final Shots Back to an old standby location for photos. I think I've shot nearly all bikes I've built here. It's just too close and convenient to pass on and I always like the results. Hope you enjoy the images.
  3. tjwilson

Thanks everyone for the comments and support. It's great to get encouragement from builders who's work I admire.
  4. tjwilson

Hopefully won't be six plus months before I can get some final assembled shots posted.
  5. tjwilson

Seat Cover
  6. tjwilson

Rear Reflector
  7. tjwilson

Front Reflector
  8. tjwilson

Shifter
  9. tjwilson

Spring Top Covers Before: After:
  10. tjwilson

Springer Leg Ends I had left these kinda unfinished and wanted to clean up the ends a little.
  11. tjwilson

Wheel Lacing
  12. tjwilson

Chain Guard
  13. tjwilson

Fork Final Welds In the earlier images the forks were only tack welded along their length. They'd been cut to narrow the width. This shows the weld and smoothing of those cuts. Still some scratches visible but close enough.
  14. tjwilson

Fender Some weld gap fills and cleanup. Before: After: Front Gap Fill and Smooth:
  15. tjwilson

Seat / Fender Sissy Bar Attachment Just a bolt on detail that was more difficult to accurately position than I initially thought it was going to be.
  16. tjwilson

Six Months Later... Guess it's actually a little over six! A bit of irony I suppose that a build named "Tweaker's Rehab" would be nearly worked to death from endless tweaking. Opportunities to move things along, document, and post progress have been few and far between. Didn't want to totally...
  17. tjwilson

Overview Shots Phew... so that wraps up this lightning round update.
  18. tjwilson

Handlebars and Springer Fork
  19. tjwilson

Rebound Springs and Caps Improvised vertical lathe. Final plug weld/springer leg extension. Springer legs, perch and springs.
  20. tjwilson

Upper Spring Perch The spring ends needed to be ground to fit flat against the perch. Clamped in position for welding. Final weld up.
Back