Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BIGDCYCLES

Covid Bike Boom Cooling Off?

Noticing the big box stores in my area are starting to have more inventory. Waiting on the big sell off to happen before Christmas when everyone is hard up for money.
  2. BIGDCYCLES

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

I've shared it before but the new bars just do it for me.
  3. BIGDCYCLES

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

4. BIGDCYCLES

SOLD $5.00 RRB STICKER PACK BLOWOUT!

Payment sent. Thanks!
  5. BIGDCYCLES

(MBBO #05 Class II) Gasser

That's what I was going to suggest. Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  6. BIGDCYCLES

(MBBO #5 Class 2) Ratty Red Rider

This is how it sits right now. Need a few more things to be a rider. Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  7. BIGDCYCLES

Thanks. Ended up narrowing the rails at the back to move it forward more and it looks pretty nice. Not sure what to do for the sissy bar yet. That's interesting. Only thing I knew I wanted was the length then started laying out the shape with a marker and this is where I ended up. Sure is...
  8. BIGDCYCLES

This is what I'm thinking for the front mount. Something different and it flows with the seat. Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  9. BIGDCYCLES

Thanks, it came out pretty good for my first one. Thanks, it came out better than I thought. Hoping the upholstery turns out good too. Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  10. BIGDCYCLES

Got what will be my seat pan cut out. It is 21 inches long, 6 inches at the widest, 2 and a half at the nose, and 4 inches at the tail. Have some sanding and final shaping to do. Now to figure out a sissy bar and find some foam and vinyl to cover the seat. Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  11. BIGDCYCLES

Up next will be the start of my seat and sissy bar hopefully. Think I'm going to sacrifice a skateboard for an ichi style seat and maybe some wheelie bar parts. Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  12. BIGDCYCLES

Got my handlebars and gave my stem a bath to remove as much rust as possible. Using the original grips. Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  13. BIGDCYCLES

This is my starting point. An AMF Sky Rider 24" boys bike. Fork is from a 26" AMF road bike of some sort. Original rear wheel and a 20" front wheel. Paint is scratched, faded, and missing in spots but that is how this one will stay. Still digging through my stash for parts. I lucked into this...
  14. BIGDCYCLES

Future Builds?

I always have a bunch I want to build. Just finished up a klunker and already want another. Have a lightweight road bike in the works, a couple bmx's to finish, kids bikes to build and give away, want a 24" cruiser bmx to race, a tall bike or penny fakething would be fun, and a burrito bike or...
  15. BIGDCYCLES

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Huffy pro beach cruiser turned rusty klunker. Only new parts are grips and layback seat post. Aluminim pit bike motorcycle bars, alloy weinmann wheels, 1.95 wide tires for now, 3 piece cranks, suicide shifter, 1x6 gearing. Will seal it with linseed oil or something at some point. Needs some...
  16. BIGDCYCLES

Single-Speedster

NICE! SS is the way to go , less chance of failure and less adjustments. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  17. BIGDCYCLES

NEXT Generation Rumblebee (MBBO Class 1)

Went and looked at bars and seats today. Now, which to get first? Bars range from 11 to 15 inch rise. Small and agile or bigger is better?
  18. BIGDCYCLES

NEXT Generation Rumblebee (MBBO Class 1)

Going to start stripping stickers and paint today. Bars and hopefully seat will be bought or built next weekend. Planning to do the sissy bar myself and may be even a wheelie bar.
  19. BIGDCYCLES

(MBBO Class 2) Muscle Basket Case

Same here when I use my phone.
  20. BIGDCYCLES

Firestone Freshen up

Looks like it was candy apple red which is a red tinted clear coat usually over a silver base coat. I have a 1965 Hawthorne middleweight that has paint in roughly the same condition. It was candy apple red.
Back