Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. karbo1

Latest predator 212cc build

Very cool. I like your ideas and originality! So sweeeeet!
  2. karbo1

Flywheel shaving and alternators

You will probably want to maintain some form of shroud on it to have some sort of cooling.
  3. karbo1

Flywheel shaving and alternators

I machined the fins down approximately 3/8 of on inch on a milling machine. This was on a 300cc Kawasaki single snowmobile engine that ran at 5000 rpm. No ill effects for many years running. Never balanced it. But, I machined it as precisely as I could. I didn't want to use lathe because I...
  4. karbo1

Iron Horse Finished 3+year build

Hit 48 mph this past summer on it. I am making some improvements. A few things vibrated loose that I have to improve. Nothing major though.
  5. karbo1

I had modeled it in CAD originally to get it lined up with frame, sprocket, wheels, etc.. I planned on tipping the motor to a more upright position. Also wanted to utilize any original mounts and/or holes that were already on the engine. So it basically became a 1/4" plate that I intersected...
  6. karbo1

Thanks for kind words all. Took this to a couple car/motorcycle shows. It gets a lot of attention by all ages surprisingly enough.....
  7. karbo1

Rotate a HF Predator engine to vertical cylinder?

Rotated mine on the ironHorse build I did. So far so good. I added a little more oil to crankcase. Can't say how long it will last. I noticed a little excess oil coming out of breather but figured it was from overfilling it slightly. Engine runs great.
  8. karbo1

More pics to follow.
  9. karbo1

Finally finished a vision I had 3 1/2 years ago. Took dimensions off that Cyclone picture that was floating around the internet that had dimensions on it. Modeled most of this build in CAD to check fits, etc. After I commenced to building. I welded, cut, milled,stitched, laced everything you see...
  10. karbo1

Abraham Linkage VS Monark Springer Fork

Is one better than the other for a replica boardtracker? The Felt Abraham looks beefier but looking at websites and pictures of the Monark II I can't tell whether one is better than the other. Looks like the Felt may be harder to get also. Do they still make it? Opinions?
  11. karbo1

Pinstriping Wheel Rims?

Does anyone know how to pinstripe rims? I would prefer paint to vinyl striping. Any idea's?
  12. karbo1

BOARD TRACK TRIBUTE 4 speeds

Thanks for the update Ace. I may be interested in the masking. What type of file do you need to do it?
  13. karbo1

New Guy from Michigan

I'm in West Michigan. Holland in the lower peninsula.
  14. karbo1

New Guy from Michigan

I was inspired by Cobrafreaks build and decided to join this site. I want to build my own BTR. I've restored motorcycles, cars,lawnmowers,lawn tractors (yes,it's weird), snowmobiles (2012 National Champion), and want to build a BTR. I really enjoy the resourcefulness and creativity of the guys...
  15. karbo1

Another B.T.R.

Nice job. Your creativity in making the forks and seat is admirable! I was wondering did you use the 1.0" tubing for the main frame? If so, what are you using the 3/4" for?
  16. karbo1

BLACK DOG CYCLES FLAT TRACKER NOW DONE!

Re: WINTER PROJECT BOARDTRACKER UPDATE 11/12/12 What diameter and wall thickness is the tubing that you are using?
  17. karbo1

BOARD TRACK TRIBUTE 4 speeds

Can you give us a rundown on the rims you are using and what you started with as far as frame bottom bracket etc.??? Looks kinda like a Worksman front wheel...
Back