Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Donzie

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

Here is my recent barn find. 60s Hawthorne. Just needed a new tube in the rear and a seat adjustment. Now I need to clean it up and ride it.
  2. Donzie

RAT ATTACK

Thanks for the positive feedback. I have a lot of ideas rolling around in head.
  3. Donzie

RAT ATTACK

Re: RAT ATTACK....updated 5/23 Man, the more I look at the gallery the more confused I get. I like the "Rat" look and that was the direction I was going, but after I looked at the board track bikes I'm really digging that look. I guess my biggest issue is the seat. It works for the Rat look but...
  4. Donzie

RAT ATTACK

Re: RAT ATTACK.....Phase 2 Phase 2. I pulled this seat off an old Ross 20 incher I have. I needed something to move my butt back so I'd have a better angle to the pedals. Not sold on it just yet. I like how the bike lock fits on the seat brace though.
  5. Donzie

RAT ATTACK

I need to dig thru some of my old hot rod parts and see if I can find anything for the bike.
  6. Donzie

Bastr bike lock....and more.

A few months ago I found this Bastr bike lock at my fiance's father's house. Apparently, many years ago, he used to fix up bikes and sell them. He has a bunch of old fenders, braces, seats, tires, all kinds of stuff rotting in what was a basement of a house. Now the house is gone and there's...
  7. Donzie

Set back seat..How to do it?

I had wondered about bending the seat post, wasn't sure if that was possible.
  8. Donzie

Set back seat..How to do it?

I've dropped my seat down as far as I can, because I like the look and I'm short. But now I'm too close to the pedals. I've seen some bikes with (what I call) a set back seat. The seat rod is in a L shape rather than straight up and down. What is the best way to achieve this? Thanks. Donzie
  9. Donzie

RAT ATTACK

Thanks for the positive feedback. Worked on it a little last night, getting it in a stripped down mode. Not sure about using the Bastr lock, what do you think?
  10. Donzie

RAT ATTACK

Ok, I'll probably make a fool of myself, but I'll jump in. This is my first bike build but the best way to learn is by doing, right? I'm calling it RAT ATTACK (unless that's been used already). I'm starting off with a Ross Dune Rider (year unknown. Maybe somebody has an idea). Purchased...
  11. Donzie

RAT ATTACK

The start of my 1st build. Ross Dune Rider. I have some ideas, I'll keep you posted on my progress.
  12. Donzie

Ross Dune Rider

Just picked this up a couple days ago. I don't think it's worth a lot but should make a good cruiser. I'm new at this but should be a fun project. Any suggestions on tires? Just gonna ride it around the neighborhood so don't want to spend a lot of money.
  13. Donzie

Diggin' the site.

Thanks. Looks like it will be fun.
  14. Donzie

Diggin' the site.

Hey kids, Donzie here. Not new to "Rat Rods", some years back I built a Model A tub before the term Rat Rod was even coined, I thought it was just old school. I've been scanning thru the gallery and I gotta say, some of you guys are Fn crazy (in a good way). there are awesome looking rides on...
Back