Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Endlesschain

SWB0 U-Haul State Core-Line

Actually I recant my vote of No.1 and go with No.2, I didn't know what I was thinking, No.1 would suit a big boxy E bike......and this ain't that
  2. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

This is turning out to be a nice and clean build, I'm enjoying building this bike as its a bit of a departure from the norm, just need to decide on the chainring size, I have a nice 52t but I know that's too tall even though it looks real nice, might have to go through my roadie parts, hopefully...
  3. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

BB installed
  4. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Sneak peeks
  5. Endlesschain

SWB0 Kaiju II

Micro bmx chainrings can go down to a small count of teeth, maybe worth looking into
  6. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

I scored an oldish road bike awhile ago stored it in my container,when I went to in yesterday I looked at the wheels which were Shimano RS wheels I thought that's the wheels I want and my white wall tyres would look mint on them so starting to clean the wheels now
  7. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

white cables arrived and setting up brakes and gear
  8. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Quick update,I've been busy lately so not much done, the wheels are next on the list, I may go with the original wheels and clean them up or continue with the Araya V rims, and if you were wondering it is a ladies centered frame hence the sloping T tube but seems mostly moot in today's market...
  9. Endlesschain

SWB0 After thought

The last two I like, peugeot colour and the other reminds me of Klein colours
  10. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Yup simple design, for those that dont know they are inline levers so you can run a drop bar and drop bar levers and run the brake cable up and through the inline lever as well so you can run two rear and two front levers the purpose being you can use brakes on the flat bar part and in the drop...
  11. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Now that's a better stem and bar and I think these brake levers suit
  12. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Original bar and stem.......nah they ain't cutting it
  13. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

I've got an old and newish Huawei and never an issue but the old one is too slow and the new one doesn't support Google play thanks to that whole spying debacle so stuck with this but agree it will be an android thing
  14. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

I notice with my phone that when I take pictures sometimes and you see it go to the corner of your phone so you know you took it but when you go to pictures it's not in your photos file, I know it has to be a Samsung thing ( I hate Samsung but this one was cheap cos it had a cracked screen and...
  15. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Cleaned the V brakes, deraileur hanger, deraileur, seatpost and sanded, primed and painted the lower heaset cup
  16. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Good clean up of the frame, the chain slap protector on the chain stay was a mission,it was very elastic almost like clingfilm/sticker combined took about half hour to remove and then some time to remove the residue but done now
  17. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

A nice cool evening to strip the bike down Was cool enough after 9pm working under the security lights, i think i will go with the blue/white frame as is and do a mix of alloy and white parts
  18. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Yer I've missed a few just been busy or just plain not in the mood, hope all is well with you and will need to catch up
  19. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Going to go with the sublime, most likely going to completely strip the bike, not sure of colour scheme but will leave the frame colour as is, I may go polished alloy or chrome, I may go black or I may paint parts, most likely a 1x 7 or 1x 8 gearing, I have no plan for direction, my shed is full...
Back