Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. V

a bout time

I worked on the bike a little today. Installed the fork, crank and shifter. Sorry for the bad photo, but I hope you can make out the progress.
  2. V

a bout time

No progress on this bike whatsoever. The studio I work for just lost funding and had to let most of the staff go. So, that means that I will not be buying anything for the bike until I get work. It is a shame, I had some good ideas about putting a folding wheelie bar on the back too. I guess it...
  3. V

a bout time

I still need a runabout neck... It seems like people want an electric chopper, so I'll go that route. I still need the thing to be compact, because that is the whole point of having such a small frame. I think I can get away with a chopper that can be folded up.
  4. V

a bout time

I added a choice in the poll :)
  5. V

a bout time

I mocked it up, and it might just be both... maybe a good mix of parts. Might try a springer on it to see what happens.
  6. V

a bout time

I am looking for a run-a-bout neck, fenders and maybe 16" rims. Feel free to send me a pm
  7. V

a bout time

Just picked up a run-a-bout frame at long beach swap. I already have a complete run-a-bout, so this one will be custom. I am still deciding if the bike will have fun chopper stuff on it, or to make a really small electric bike... stay tuned.
  8. V

Parts for sale

Pm on fenders
  9. V

Aluminum Silver king pre war sale including wingbar, 5 bikes, Minnesota

I sent a pm awhile back, and didn't get a response.
  10. V

prewar schwinn tandem

nice! I have three schwinn tandems also! This one, a Mini-Twinn and a town and country that looks like this with the drum brakes: I have a lead on a 28" triple crown fork that is really similar to what should go on it... It will need to be modified to accept the steering arms from the rear...
  11. V

prewar schwinn tandem

just saw my bike's cousin on the other great bike website: http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1898-schwinn-the-world-bicycle-with-original-paint-nickel-plating.94423/ also, I picked up the correct crank for the tandem! Now I just need the correct fork, and a ton of other stuff....
  12. V

prewar schwinn tandem

I still have the tandem. It is in storage, while I am so busy with work and life, that sadly I don't have much time for bikes.
  13. V

Stingrays Only! (Early scramblers and hurricanes too!)

Got a couple more to show you guys! 1964 stingray with solo polo! repainted orange krate. Incomplete. I will be needing parts! 20" Spitfire (King Cobra??) super cool! another 20" Schwinn. 1962 Tornado if I remember right. Just trying to piece something together. Starting from just the...
  14. V

Hello from Big Bear Lake, Ca.

Hey I am from Big Bear! Currently I live in San Diego, but I come up pretty often to see family. Welcome to the forum.
  15. V

prewar schwinn tandem

Thanks for the help. The crank that is on the bike is not right. I will need one of these impossible to find ones Oh, while I am at it, I will need to find or make one of these forks
  16. V

prewar schwinn tandem

Here is the best picture for the front fork. http://thecabe.com/arc/Shows%20and%20Swaps/2006%20Bicycle%20Museum%20of%20America/P2050602.jpg anybody have one of these I can have? Pretty please! The head tube on this bike is a monster.
  17. V

prewar schwinn tandem

My plans are to put it in storage until I save some money and find some much needed parts. I will be looking for the (probably impossible) correct cranks, rims, tires, and possibly a better set of chains. These chains are extra thick! They are wider than a normal skip tooth chain. Or...
  18. V

prewar schwinn tandem

I picked up this old schwinn tandem yesterday. There are a few incorrect parts: front tire, neck, crank, pedals... I would like to narrow down a year for it, but for now I am guessing TOC-1930?? Please let me know if there is any information other than the Ignaz Schwinn family bike, and the 1899...
  19. V

Show off your Best Finds of 2012

Has to be my 1934 Schwinn Excelsior then i put a tank in it
Back