Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Krateness

"Gargoyle Special" - Finished

Hey everyone, Finally finished this project. It's been filled with ups and downs but pretty happy with the way it turned out so here goes... 1939/40 CWC-Roadmaster Cycle Truck GM "Bright Red" Paint Ford "Wimbledon" White 26" Black w/ Black Spokes Rear Wheel - With Sturmey Archer 3 Speed...
  2. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Ok so the crate bracket is being redone with a thinner material. But I did go ahead and mount the thicker one that was made first so I could get the look. Added the pop bottle grips mentioned in this thread previously and think they look great. Mounted a little porcelain sign to the rear rack...
  3. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Actually the bracket I'm talking about is for the front basket. Hoping to have it redone, painted and mounted by weeks end. I haven't decided on grips or pedals yet. Haven't found anything that's really struck me either.
  4. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Found the right shade of red and painted the rack. Going to remake the bracket because I think I over-engineered the thickness of material I got for it. It's heavy and probably doesn't need to be as bulky as it is.
  5. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Learned a lesson to always check your paint twice. So I haven't had an issue with paint matching at all this far, until today. I ran out of my color paint, GMs "Bright Red", and had to pick up another can to paint the rack. Well as I went to mount it I noticed the shade was odd and didn't match...
  6. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Got a rear rack this week. Will be sandblasted and painted this week also. Seat post, basket, and the basket support is being made. Down to handlebar grips, pedals and a seat plus a few details I'm hoping to add but we will see.
  7. Krateness

1961 5 Speed Corvette

Went and got this about an hour away from my house. This is my 2nd 5 speed Corvette. Paid $200 for it....
  8. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Handlebars came in and found a set of crank arms so I was also able to to put on the sprocket/chain. Got to still find a axle mounted rack and the other odds and ends. Hoping tuning the SA hub isn't as big of a pain as I think it will be...
  9. Krateness

Show us them cars!

My dad and are building this pro street 70 Mach. Still a long way to go but the money has been going to the motor... lol
  10. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Got the rear fender in yesterday and was able to blast and paint it. Definitely starting to look like a bicycle again.
  11. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Getting itchy on finding a full 26" rear fender that has axle mount brackets. Probably going to pick up a rear rack at some point. Going to have a friend help me out on the basket support. Couldn't help myself and mounted the sign last night...
  12. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Finished with the black. Pretty pleased, now fighting on whether to clear coat or not...
  13. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Tried the sign today. Definitely not an expert at painting but figuring most of these signs would have been done by hand, so I'm ok with it. Still going to add my town and a phone number to it in black along with doing the rest of the details of the gargoyle. Did this as a test really and may...
  14. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Honestly the bike as shown with the wheels on it is how it looks with the second attempt at paint. In that's attempt I did 4 coats of color and then 30 minutes later started in with the clear. I let a week elapse between color and clear the last time. I could damage the clear just by tapping my...
  15. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Rims and tires came in. Finally got to sit the bike upright and get the layout for the sign. Pretty happy about the kickstand. Works just as good and costed about $150 less...
  16. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Going to end up having to repaint the frame. Clear coat is just too brittle. Wondering if I waited too long between color and clear...
  17. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Wheels came in today and tires are in order. Regretting clear coating. As I start to assemble it the clear coat is extremely brittle. Inexperience may have bit me in that regard. I thought two cans of duplicolor clear would have been enough lol
  18. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Did some stencil testing testing today. Did this by drawing out a design, laminated it and cut out the letters. Not sure this is the way to go but never done a stencil before. Doesn't seem to seal up to the piece of metal enough to keep the letter edges crisp...
  19. Krateness

CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Painted the guard and fork tonight. Going to try Clearcoating this stuff tomorrow and see how it turns out. Not looking for high quality paint job but really more of what you're going to see on a bike in the 30s...
  20. Krateness

Show Your Muscle Bikes

This isn't all of them anymore
Back