Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Illiterite Wino

Murray Street Machine and some others

I didn't even look at the tire size.. but it does look like a set of 24" on a 26" frame now that you mention it.. I'll have to look tomorrow.. the rims (at least the rear) are Komet on it and thanks for the info on the street machine... or as i like to call it.. the knee bruiser.. i am way to...
  2. Illiterite Wino

Murray Street Machine and some others

not usually my cup of tea (I own two bikes with derailleurs now ;) ) but for the little cash they wanted for it I couldn't go wrong. Got it home and saw it has a double grip rear drum break on it. Also, I have never seen a 2 speed bike where the chain adjusts on the front crank instead of the...
  3. Illiterite Wino

1974 varsity 9" tall head tube

I would be tempted to move the headbadge up, grab a few extras, and see how many I could fit on it :21:
  4. Illiterite Wino

New Bars!

That was/is my original hope. The ability to actually lean forward with my forearms on it like a regular steering wheel. It's a scary feeling now... pretty sure it has more to do with the springer front end than the bars tho Found out if I grip right where the bars meet( 9 and 3o clock lol), I...
  5. Illiterite Wino

New Bars!

It's actually more comfortable than it looks. Turning is touchy with a slight tendency to feel like it wants to "flop" side to side, but does not. Hoping I'll just get used to that feeling and it will be a bit more of a relaxing ride for me haha Thinking of taking the top bar to the local...
  6. Illiterite Wino

New Bars!

Got a great deal on these bars a bit ago and they just showed up today so I had to show them off :)
  7. Illiterite Wino

Slow Motion Build #28949594 Spaceliner

Good eye, actually is Transformers Decepticon
  8. Illiterite Wino

weird, shows up full in two different browsers for me try refreshing it I have to upload pictures, to this site only, in Chrome. Photo-bucket if I don't feel like leaving Firefox
  9. Illiterite Wino

Since I lack a tank I decided to wing it on the headbadge hahaha
  10. Illiterite Wino

Mystery BMX rims

wow.. nice.. they sure do look like them though appreciate the info
  11. Illiterite Wino

Mystery BMX rims

I was originally thinking wheelchair when I first saw them, but it looks as though the hubs are built different like one is supposed to have a gear on it. The wheel that is missing the axle is built different than the one with the axle if you look at the pic of them side by side you can see it...
  12. Illiterite Wino

Mystery BMX rims

picked these up in a all or nothing deal with a ton of other decent 20" stuff they seem different than most... weight of both combined is 5Lbs the way they sit rims are only an inch-a-quarter width.. seems really thin not really the right forum for this I am aware, but this is one of the only...
  13. Illiterite Wino

took it for a spin today... 80 degrees on Nov 1st in Ohio is quite a treat
  14. Illiterite Wino

Nice call indeed... wanted something metal, but was thinking rat-traps until you mentioned bear-traps... plus I've never owned a set and trying new stuff out on this build took it for a quick spin today and snapped some pics... then rode it to work.. and the chain snapped.. (and remember me...
  15. Illiterite Wino

got some parts in.. then cash ran out... so putting off the strip/powder coating for now... kinda like it with the age showing tho.. will ride it and keep cleaning it up until then.. if I decide to go that rout... stuff cleaned and replaced some stuff with shinier stuff thrown together still...
  16. Illiterite Wino

Picked this up on the local CL a week or so ago.... thought I'd do another start to a build.. let's see if I can finish this one in a sort of timely fashion... Tried my first citric acid bath last night with it.. bath tub is clean bike.. not so much... not sure if I was expecting a miracle...
  17. Illiterite Wino

74 SubUrban with mystery rack

just picked this up, no plans as of now except to lose the baby seat on the bay of E's can not figure out the front rack, which broke off already at the welds, except it looks as though something may of slid on and off for convenience.... maybe a basket you could take shopping or whatever...
  18. Illiterite Wino

how bout traditional hot rod bikes?

started as Bratz how about a reverse color scheme and my old Huffy, a classy hotrod
  19. Illiterite Wino

What did you get for Christmas? Bike,bike parts or cool tools?

got a new springer fork :happy:
  20. Illiterite Wino

Worksman "KikShift" Rare Frame Find

be interesting to combine with a three speed rear hub
Back