82 Hutch find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Maybe this should be in fresh finds, but figured the BMX guys would appreciate it more.

Stopped at a house and bought a couple bikes ( girls Huffy and a Free Agent BMX ), Lady says she had another bike she did not put out because the wheel is bent. Asked to see it, and she rolls this out. Original Ukai Z2 rims are very slightly tweaked, could be trued, on '42 81' ACS hubs.
Hutch Lil Hole Shot mini, 20 x 1 3/8 wheels, stamped brake bridge, no serial numbers. Race Inc Bars, mini Pro Neck, Sugino 170 cranks and spider, 37t with 17t Suntour rear freewheel,Dx lever and a tourney brake that is almost too long.. note how far back the rear wheel is in drops, that's the onloy washer marks on frame, so the y raced it that way ( she said it was her sons back when he raced ).

Attachments

• hutch.JPG
    hutch.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 248
That's a great find. I assume you bought it? Can you post or send me some more photos?

Thanks guys - will be posting some detail shots later, after dark ( have to go out and putter around first, lol - free time is precious. Had to come in and check in RRB while cooling off.. NY weather = grrr.. from snowing to summer heat, no inbetween (see, we're never happy, lol ).
Glad for the find, probably one of my best scores ever.. probably be passing it along to a bmx collector, so I can add more muscle to the fleet .

finally got some detail pics, busy holiday weekend, whew.
hutchq(1).JPG
hutchq(2).JPG
hutchq(1).JPG
hutchq(2).JPG
HOT, too....

Attachments

• hutchq(4).JPG
    hutchq(4).JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 194
  • hutchq(5).JPG
    hutchq(5).JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 201