NERRB Dan's Solo Cape Cod Canal Ride Bourne, MA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew,I think we did the right thing as wind and snow whip round my house this morn !
Who got hail overnight ? Epic event ...Stevil :tmi:

We had rain mixed with hail and snow early this morning, now it's just cold with high winds.

We did the right thing in moving it to May; let's hope it all settles down for Simsbury in two-weeks.

I would like to point out that, once again, you guys canceled or postponed the "freeze your butt off ride" because it was too cold.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would like to point out that, once again, you guys canceled or postponed the "freeze your butt off ride" because it was too cold.

That's because the "freeze your butt off ride" is funner when it's in the 70's. :wink1:

Well, this ride is only three-weeks away and will take place during The Great May Blizzard of 2016! :)

If there is any interest out there in old bike land, my friend Mary and I are riding the Nashua River Rail Trail on Sunday, May 1st. at 10:30 am. Never been there but that's Mary's 'hood. The 11 mile rail trail goes through the towns of Ayer, Groton, Pepperell and Dunstable, Massachusetts. We're starting in Groton, MA and ending the ride, of course, back in Groton. Mary says there's a replenishment stop afterwards at Fihlos(Fihloscuccina.com)
Directions: Rt 495 to X31to Rt119west. Go approx 7 miles to Groton Center. Go left at Station Ave to the on street parking area.
I had planned going to the May 15th rescheduled ride but have my grandsons baptism that day.
May 1st ride....the precursor to the Great May Blizard of 2016, ZygoteLittle.

Well, two weeks to go and hoping for good weather! Any ideas for a post ride pig out place to eat at?

No posts' for the last week due to my wife and I vacationing in southern Indiana; swimming, warm weather and great food!!! (Life is rough sometimes.) :D

Last edited:
Snuck in a quick ride on the Ayer/Nashua rail trail today with Mary. Left from Groton, MA over to Pepperell then to Ayer. Kinda chilly and misty but hot coffee and muffin stop made it bearable. Fun time was had. Looking forward to another fun ride soon.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
On the Ayer/Nashua rail trail today. Mary and I cruising on the Corvettes

Looks like it'll be sunny and in the mid-60's!!! :happy:

Last edited:
Ok then,I guess I'm in too.:envy:
Not much to do there so don't be late.:shake:
It's only fun while we're riding our bikes,
don't bring anything too shiny,or broken!
And have enuf cash to treat everyone!
Blah...Stevil

Can't be any worse than the Manchester NH ride last year. That was cold, rainy, and nothing was open.

So seriously, what is there to do around there?

Btw, I can't show you my new ride because it isn't fully built yet. Lol

Alright Dan, give us a hint: i.e. Does it have handlebars? Does it have two wheels? Does it have a crank w/pedals...stuff like that.

Is this it,just the four of us ? NERRB rule,kinda. Maybe not so much :tmi:

Latest posts

Back