New member from Ohio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

my name is Jon, i am 31 yrs old, from youngstown, OH - and I have been staring at all the beautiful bike pron on this forum since my wife bought me a cruiser for my birthday about a month ago. It was a Huffy millenial (29er with the flat grey finish) I really liked the looks of this bike, but the quality left a lot to be desired. At least it got me back into riding. We ended up replacing it with a Schwinn Drifter, which was supposed to look like this:

spin_prod_239650701

Notice the cool bowtie pedals, the pointy handgrips, and the full length fenders!

But what was shipped to me looks like this:
spin_prod_748345512

Notice the different handgrips with moulded finger spacers that feel like they were designed for a basketball player, the low quality square pedals, and the short front fender that only has one brace....

Overall I really like the bike, I replaced the stock handlebars with 10.5 Hi-rise Wald 869 handlebars, and added lock-on leather handgrips.

I ordered a layback seatpost, which should allow me to move the seat back about two inches, and I think this will be a perfect fit.
I have a really cool large chrome headlight that looks like this:

03cfe3f8d7ac6a69b44823ddcc62ac50.jpg

but it is a vintage light made in italy with a larger lens diameter. It originally had a tungsten bulb, but I replaced with an LED and it worked great mounted to the stem on my crankbrook, but I can't mount it on the schwinn because the springer fork gets in the way. I would like to mount a torpedo style light, or a DIY LED light retrofitted into a flush-mount phantom style fender light housing. If I do this, I'm going to need a full length front fender with two braces like the WALD 962, but I need to find a fender that has the proper indentations to clear my springer fork. Does anyone have any recommendations on a fender that will meet these requirements?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am really excited to begin participating in this great community!

Welcome to the site...can't help with your questions but you may want to post your question in other areas of the forum. Enjoy!

BARTO

Welcome to the rat pac [emoji106][emoji106][emoji232][emoji232][emoji232]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I wanted to update you guys on the situation with the wrong parts on my schwinn. I contacted pacific cycle, and to my amazement, they are shipping new parts to me. Let's hope that aren't the same ones, but rather, the parts that are show in the original marketing images!

So you never know, even though schwinn was bought out, perhaps pacific will still provide excellent customer service!

Back