1950's Hawthorne Tank Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing it's a mid 1950's Hawthorne, but I don't have much beyond that... The light and turn signal are branded Delta.

Few Q's
1. Can someone help identify the model?
2. What parts are incorrect / not original to the bike?
3. Any idea on a fair price for value?

Thanks in advance!

image1.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image6.jpeg

Made by Cleveland Welding Company in the 50's. Original paint and everything is there. I agree with syclesavage, clean it up and ride it. The serial number may give you the year, look for a Cw at the right side of the numbers. The rims look nice and clean too. I'd open the tank and see if there are old batteries in there and see if corrosion might be a problem.

Very nice bike!

I think that's the turn signal switch on the top tube. But where are the signal lights, under the rack?

Thanks everyone for the input! I need to take a closer look at the rack, it has the setup for the turn signals, but has no wiring going back to them. Might be something I need to find parts for. The tank takes a 6volt battery.

I'd love to get this thing riding again with the horn and light!

Here is my 46 CWC, Tank looks real similar (but not exact) to me, but I'm not sure exactly what my tank came off of. Frame looks identical to mine. This monarch springer is not original to the bike nor are the fenders & most the other parts.

If I was you, I'd clean that baby up & ride it as is! Very cool!

I think that's the turn signal switch on the top tube. But where are the signal lights, under the rack?
The switch on the top bar is for the rear turn signals. Never seen this except on a Western Flyer "Super" made by Roadmaster.
Here is a Super.
And a catalog advert.

a1a4eb87bf5379e8213637f1d8d56a75.jpg

7162a64cf104359155f72e0bcb3af273.jpg

Same switch.
0c08fadc134fb1bb881526a06539ab6d.jpg

425e195084a89bb613a263791855b814.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Shockmaster fork! My wife has a roadmaster with one & it rides like a caddy!

Latest posts

Back