Kick Stand Solution for Old Dyno Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought I could do better with one of the many kickstands available of Evilbay but I was wrong. The bike is too heavy for the after market crap and the original one is a little short. How have you guys with Old Skool Dynos worked around this problem?

On my Roadster, I reformed the 90 degree bend on the kickstand receiver plate welded on the frame.Cleaned,degreased threads of mount and bolt.Replaced lock washer with a new SS split lock washer. Assembled with Locktite 242 ( blue ). Slid a pipe over the kickstand leg and slightly bent it back towards the frame.Glued a Greenfield KSRF rubber boot onto the end of the kickstand, http://greenfieldny.com/chart_bicycle.htm

I saw a bike with a similar problem. The owner had drilled a hole partway into a golf ball and glued it onto the end of the kickstand.

On my Roadster, I reformed the 90 degree bend on the kickstand receiver plate welded on the frame.Cleaned,degreased threads of mount and bolt.Replaced lock washer with a new SS split lock washer. Assembled with Locktite 242 ( blue ). Slid a pipe over the kickstand leg and slightly bent it back towards the frame.Glued a Greenfield KSRF rubber boot onto the end of the kickstand, http://greenfieldny.com/chart_bicycle.htm

Thanks for the feedback I am trying to envision the reformed the bend on the receiver plate. Can you send me a picture?

The front edge of the factory welded kickstand mounting plate has a 90 degree bend about 3/8" drop to keep the kickstand from rotating.The slightest rotation will gradually unscrew the bolt and the rotation of the kickstand will push that bend open. At that point Re-tightening the bolt does not hold tension.I used a metric left handed Monkey Wrench to re-form the bend.

I'v put threads on the end and used a rusty acorn style lug nut for a 1/2" gain or so.

I used an evilbay drop stand, the stock kickstand location, bites!
Another one that works is a Pletcher double stand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back