I won a trophy the other day....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Went out for a ride with the local BC-- due to semi-inclement weather and a cancellation of the car show or whatever is s'posed to happen on the Collingswood (NJ) Cruise Nights, the ride was more of a night out at the pub with bikes.... Unbeknownst to me, there's a bicycle competition, and somehow (prolly due to the dearth of competition), my daily driver won! Got a pretty sweet trophy out of the deal, plus an order of famous fries--- but i had to pay for those. =D
aug14.jpg

Dang, my beard is gettin' pretty big....

I wanna send a shout out to RRB Members Spinman and BigCam-- good times at the Cruise-In. I'll be back around.

That is a sweet ride you have ther my friend!:praise:

Thanks. I really like that bike; I ride it almost every day. A lot of it has to do with the fenders and generator lights; I ride whether it's wet or dry, light or dark, etc... But a lot of it has to do with the fact that it just gets basic cruising right. I love the geo and the fit (180mm cranks are sweet) and I love that I mixed low-buck Kentucky Wald stuff (fenders, stem, bars, sprocket, BB, etc) with some more spendy Euro-style stuff (Fat Franks, Brooks, Busch&Mueller lights, Pletscher centerstand, etc) but, somehow, it just melds together nicely into the best bike I've ever had for slow-pace commuting.

PS-All that being said, it wouldn't be my first choice for any kind of competitive bike show... it's my daily rider, right? Put a lot of miles in on it today; I coach S.Olympics Cycling; we had first practice of the season tonight. Guess what I was riding?

Thanks. I really like that bike; I ride it almost every day. A lot of it has to do with the fenders and generator lights; I ride whether it's wet or dry, light or dark, etc... But a lot of it has to do with the fact that it just gets basic cruising right. I love the geo and the fit (180mm cranks are sweet) and I love that I mixed low-buck Kentucky Wald stuff (fenders, stem, bars, sprocket, BB, etc) with some more spendy Euro-style stuff (Fat Franks, Brooks, Busch&Mueller lights, Pletscher centerstand, etc) but, somehow, it just melds together nicely into the best bike I've ever had for slow-pace commuting.
It sounds like my Dyno. Even though I bought it already ratted out (all I did was repaint and added a rear Pletcshers rat trap rack) I love it. Very comfortable cruiser. Has som rust, dings and scratches and it will never win a beauty contest, I don't think I will ever sell it!

That is a clean stylish build deserving of the trophy.
CONGRATS!

Haha yeah.... i mostly didn't change'm b/c i've been blowing my bike $$ on other projects, but when i do replace them, i'll likely go cream again.... or maybe the brown tread/white wall version. I was considering the grey ones or the brown ones, too, but I'm thinkin' that i shouldn't mess with success...

As for the beard, one of these days, I'm gonna have to try growing one in the grey colorway.
:rockout::crazy::113::crazy::rockout:

Congrats man, that beard is what's up, gonna grow me one out soon as the weather cools down, not looking forward to all the grays growin in though. Nice job on that Worksman, so clean, real nice.

Latest posts

Back