Fender Lizard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know this is kind of silly but I am always looking for new ways to personalize a bike. I found these stamped tin lizards for 99 cents at a Mexican import gift shop and had an idea.

Used JB Weld to epoxy a small bolt to the back.

Let it set up

Mounted it where the reflector used to live on the back of a ladies Spaceliner I just finished.

I also have been doing this with old bottle caps

I even found a place online that will put any logo on a bottle cap and put my business logo on them for the bikes I sell

Very cool!
I did something similar when I made my flying 8 ball fender ornament for Firewing.
I cut down two wing tricycle badges and mini 8 ball and used JB weld to hold it together and then JBWelded a bolt to the back.

WP_002536_zps668b800b.jpg

WP_002575_zps7373e08f.jpg

WP_002544_zpsd360c75e.jpg

IMG_2415_zps0f15924f.jpg

All those ideas are very cool, have definitely made me think twice about running my Moulton fenderless. Lizard is cool as it's quite discreet, almost wouldn't notice it, bottle cap is a nice signiature mod for your sale bikes too. As for the flying 8 ball...genius!

That's pretty neat!

The lizard reminds me of all the little green ones running around Patrick AFB (Coco Beach) Florida!

Oly

I love the idea of the lizard and bottle caps. When I go yard saleing, I always look for random items that may work as bicycle doodads and geegaws in the future.

I've always wanted to do something with this one I have had for years. It's already my favorite color too! Cool idea!

Latest posts

Back