New Balloon Tire Available

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are nice!

11452476625_9a80638a9a_z.jpg

Price seems good too!

Luke.

He did a great job with those. I don't have a bike for them right now, but will probably order a set after the holidays. Be nice to have some for a future project.

It will be interesting to see how these do.

I contacted Coker Tires, manufacturers of repop tires for the automotive restoration hobby, to ask if they had considerred doing bike tires. They currently make a couple of 36x2 3/8 tires and tubes for their own line of extremely big wheeled bikes and i thought repop bicycle tires would be a good fit. They replied that they were not currently planning to do produce any reproduction bike tires. Maybe if they could be convinced there was a market for them....

I bought B.F. Goodrich tires from Coker years ago. These chain tires are real nice looking tires.

That is very cool. Hopefully this will inspire someone to repop some other vintage tire brands.
There's a thread on the Cabe about this, folks have been pestering whomever owns the molds for Carlisle Lightning Darts to make more. Apparently, they're not interested. :20: Cool about the Chains though, those are near impossible to find og's that are rideable! -Adam

Latest posts

Back