Is This Giant Rare?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last week I picked up a Giant Simple 7 off Craigslist. I went on a mission to determine what year it was as the previous owner really knew very little about it. Has I have come to find out the Springer front end is a stock set up which was a real surprise to me. The bike is a 2005 Simple Seven Springer edition, pictured below.

ocr9.jpg

When I got it the bike was missing the chain guard and the fenders. I put some Ape hangers on it and a different seat and pedals to make it a comfortable daily rider that I am putting about 10-12 miles a day on. I assume the springer was an add on. Being new to the bike scene I want to make sure I am not turning a valuable bike into a daily rider so is this bike a rare find or just another run of the mill Cruiser? I am also looking for a chain guard that will fit it and not having much luck so far so any help there would be great. Thanks in advance :D

Lot's of views no replies...think I will just assume it is just too new to have any real value other than a daily rider. I am really enjoying the bike so I am going to ride the wheels off of it unless someone tells me a reason not to. :p

It really is a good cruiser, it rides very nice and is comfortable for me the way I hae it set up. I was just surprised when I found out the Springer was stock and witht he lack of information I have been able to find on it I got the feeling it MIGHT be a rare find. This is how it loos now...

zd4o.jpg

Rare does not always mean valuable. The only bikes of new that are collectable are New Belgium Cruisers, DYNO Cruisers and some of the recent Schwinns(1995)

That said...you have a nice rider with some style. I like it better without the chainguard.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hate the graphics on the chain guard too, IF I could find one it would get painted trust me on that. That being said it is growing on me without the chain guard so I might just get a velcro strap to wrap around my pant leg when winter sets in to keep it out of the chain :D

I see why they removed that chain guard! The sprocket is beautiful...
Cool bike as valuable as you love it, knowing Giant it probably rides pretty good.

cody-james said:
I have a simple single in my stable, I just sold a ladies simple single for 150

I have a Simple Single as well and really like it. It is the bike that kind of got me interested in all of this. Has I started riding in an attempt to get into shape I got to where I wanted a bike with multiple gears, the Simple Seven seemed like the best choice and when I found this one for $50 how could I pass it up?

Latest posts

Back