ID a GT for me...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, I really tried on this one, looking through just about all of the 4700+ GT pictures on the BMX Museum website, but I haven't found anything with the exact mix of parts, so I'm hoping somebody can narrow down the date of the pad logos, or some of the other parts on this bike.

What I noted is that the sprocket, if original, shows up most around 1989, but appears to be a popular replacement throughout all years, so that doesn't help much. The frame has all straight bars, with no bend in the down tube, which seems uncommon for most GTs. It looks to me the most like a GT Fueler frame, based mostly on the straight tubes and the dropouts. It is definitely a GT frame.

Could not find the exact pads anywhere else. It also has a Shimano Deore XT rear brake, but I'm not convinced that's original, since there are unused cable bosses going down the center of the frame, like it had a different brake. Bars may be aftermarket too.

Thoughts?

Pics:

gt01.jpg

gt02.jpg

gt03.jpg

gt04.jpg

gt05.jpg

gt06.jpg

gt07.jpg

gt08.jpg

gt09.jpg

gt10.jpg

gt11.jpg

gt12.jpg

That's like a 96ish GH model, original brakes were U type I think.
Been a really long time but I still miss dirt jumps and my GH xxl pro....

not a fueler, all mine didnt have that kind of brakeline support thingy. im putting my money on it being an interceptor.

Ahab said:
not a fueler, all mine didnt have that kind of brakeline support thingy. im putting my money on it being an interceptor.
I'm betting he's right, the Greg Hill's became aluminium.

Latest posts

Back