Rusty/Patina Bicycle Gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 98' Mongoose Villan, given to me by my best friend before he was murdered a month or so later. I got the bike running again in his memory.

100_4160_zpsb166d07f.jpg

1967 AMF Renegade. Has a different front chain wheel on it now.

100_4464.jpg

Onewheelsqueel said:
Thought I had posted my Columbia here. Probably my favorite bike I have right now. Just added the siren and light. Love the look of a patina with satin poly over it.
X2. It looks great!

Here's my Rugby I bought from another RRB member. I'm thinking about sealing it up with satin poly too.

20130512_204245_zpsdac9f0cb.jpg

Sears Free Spirit...

originally 10 speed with 26in wheels, converted to single speed with coaster brakes... :D

This one was buried in 5 coats of paint but I kinda faked it and pulled it off to my liking.

close up of paint and raw metal

The actual original finish is hidden by a very old spraybomb job which is slowly aging, but still has a bit of surface rust.

4BcBD2K.jpg

W5lOz8Z.jpg

PfE4NFj.jpg

If you want to take off the spray bomb job just spray it with some oven cleaner. Just don't let it sit too long or it will take the original paint off too. I left mine on for 30 minutes and it started eating original paint so I'd try like 5 minutes.

It'll be fine for now, especially since the spraybomb is almost 20 years old. Looks ratty enough that it might as well be the original finish.

Here's my newest find. I kinda fell in love at first sight. All the sweet patina and what looks like the original paint is what really caught my eye. She's a "24 inch and shows the serial #1215561 under the crank casing. I'm not sure of the make and model so any info on this frame will gladly be appreciated. The head badge is missing but the original rivets are still there.

This is my favorite bike 'Tet".

It had a terrible house paint job that I started to remove with oven cleaner, but it looks like the bike was already missing alot of its original paint, so I kept going and it turned out like the 2nd pic.

B7OBMkAl.jpg

vpACu4jl.jpg

Rusty but can still see some of the orginal paint lines.... I have awesome luck finding old girl bikes but no bikes for guys....

6u2ejysy.jpg

hudapegu.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back