Now it's real.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a bell, rack and panniers, and the 300+ clams light I got for Christmas 8) 8) mounted on my Majestic, now I'm equipped for some real cycling. Let's see your commuter/bike hike/camping bikes built on balloon/middlleweight type frames.

027b-1.jpg

Show me your rack. :mrgreen:

I've been commuting mostly on my worksman inb lately, but it isn't all that commuter'd out. I'm thinking of using the wheels with a different project, which'd give me an excuse to get a sturmey-archer dynamo hub and some nice lights to run without batteries. No plans for a rack/panniers, though.

My only question for you, deorman, is: Where's the fenders at? I wouldn't even dream of commuting without fenders; the wet butt syndrome would ruin my workday. Pretty much all my bikes have fenders, save the mtb. The bmx cruiser won't ever get 'em, either....but, the road-going bikes tend to give me some coverage for the backside...

Your Bike looks awesome, though.

-rob

sensor said:
only bike around my home with a rack is my wifes.....and i KNOW youre not asking to see my wifes rack!!!!! :x :p
there are so many questions we could ask about your wifes rack :shock: I think we all just want pics :oops: what kind of bike
is it on.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Bicycle808: Yeah, that's next, although I pretty much avoid riding in the rain or below 50 Fahrenheit these days. In my 20's used to run them some times, because my bike was my car. :wink: I have a cut-down Planet Bike I'm looking at putting on the back, but the front would be a bit problematic, due to my front brake setup. I could fab some axle mounts easily enough if I happen across some bolt-on blade mount canti bosses, but I'll probably just make a custom down-tube mounted shield.

I think this is a great idea for a thread. I'd post mine, but it's really just a cruiser that I ride to work alot. The bell broke off during a roadside repair, it's got fenders, but there's not too much that's commuter/hike-a-bike/touring about it. My commute is mercifully short, and i tend to throw anything i need to bring to work into a mess bag...

When i get it lit up with some good lighting, i'll try and post a pic...

My commuter/cruiser sports fat franks, too. They are super fat and heavy, but they roll soooooooo fast. So far, no flats, either. (Knock on wood.)

-rob

I did every now and again, but most are too low and are in the way of my rearlights, I want really short leather bags. Haven't been looking too hard though, as the bags I've got function well for their purpose, which is storing my locks and raingear. But leather would suit my seat better, that's for sure. I'll bump into the right ones one of these days, now worries 8)

maybe see if there is a custom leather shop near you or just buy the hides and make them yourself? can use existing ones and change around the patterns to make fit to your needs.

Latest posts

Back