Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Never Mind

Re: TITAN built Western Flyer

Never mind.

I got the handlebars and stem mostly done yesterday but I'm having some real problems with the pedals. I BROKE A WRENCH! :shock:

Wow. A Western Flyer with a frame that resembles a GT mountain bike. Good find.

wheelbender6 said:
Wow. A Western Flyer with a frame that resembles a GT mountain bike. Good find.

GT? I questioned that but I looked it up. I confused the old Western Auto dealer catalogs (yes, I have them for these years and finding them was not easy) and in those catalogs, they said "Titan frame" now, I confused that with the Titan BMX company, which was originally in business from 1984-1997. While they had the iconic tube thing on the frame, they all had a rounded and very odd rear dropout. I look up the GT mountain bikes of the era and the frames are DEAD RINGER! BINGO! PARTS GALORE!

THANKS ABUNCH! :mrgreen: :!:

As said, this rare bike will be restored correctly.

partsguy said:
I got the handlebars and stem mostly done yesterday but I'm having some real problems with the pedals. I BROKE A WRENCH! :shock:

Park tools pedal wrench my friend... bullet proof. :wink:

Very cool bike. That real wheel might be fixable.

Unchained said:
partsguy said:

Park tools pedal wrench my friend... bullet proof. :wink:

Very cool bike. That real wheel might be fixable.

Thanks for the tool tip!

the wheels are indeed junk. The work and money involved to bring them back would not make any sense. I may salvage the front KK hub, but even thats iffy.

Latest posts

Back