۞ S-Koot ۞

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been wanting to build one of this since I saw Kota´s Kick Bike, then many folks had similar builds, so to you guys (you know who you are) Thanks for the inspiration!
Started with an old MTB, and some tubing.
This is my shot at it:

Sorry for that last ugly pic, the sun was already down then.

Next is to dramatically reduce the length of the whole thing for two reasons. First, I don´t have enough room to keep it like this, and second, I believe it might reduce the leverage effect and make the bottom tube stronger... we´ll see.

۞ S-Koot ۞ ("Kick Bike")

Thanks SSG!

Did a little sketch of how it could possibly end up and three color combos: 1-Grey primer, 2-Brownish red primer or 3-flat black. I´m leaning towards grey primer, what do you guys think?

2507099770101087470FctvMO_fs.jpg

I like where you're headed brother, may have to put a scooter on my 'to-do' list. Got a 16 x 3 rim and tire from a mini-OCC that would look nice on the rear. Here's an inspirational photo of one I found a few years back.
custom_scooter21.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

I like where this is headed!Ive learned that the closer you get the deck to the ground the easier it is to kick.Im keepin my eye on this one :mrgreen:

Loven this. I gota agree with fatboy in that the lower you keep it the easier it'll be to kick along. Also maybe think about some 1" angle iron stitch welded along the bottom of yer S-Koot fer rigity.

Great use of girl frames.
And Doc, I love that inspirational photo and your idea for using the baby OCC rims for the back.
I wonder what it would be like to have a scooter with Harley tires front and back on big OCC rims?

You're too much dude! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingfish254 said:
And Doc, I love that inspirational photo and your idea for using the baby OCC rims for the back.
I wonder what it would be like to have a scooter with Harley tires front and back on big OCC rims?

Dr. Tankenstein said:
You're too much dude! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingfish254 said:

Come on! Everyone needs a 50 pound scooter!! :shock: 8)

Dr T: Thanks for the pic, that thing is beautiful! Very inspirational indeed. I think you should start right now with that mini-OCC tire idea. :wink:

Fat boy: Thanks bro, I now this one wont be as cool as yours, but I have to know what it feels to ride one. Thank you again for the big doss of inspiration!
I´ll keep it as low as possible 8)

SkullDady: I´ll sure be stitching that 1" angle iron down there, thanks!

KingFish: is this fatta enough for ya? :lol: :lol:
1522.png

I just realize that the sketches in the post up there aren´t working so, here they are:

1-Grey primer:

2- Brownish primer:

3- Flat Black:

I also have a pretty cool idea for lights... but that will have to wait a little bit longer.

MO FATTA MO BETTA!
And I like the brown primer.

You cant go wrong with Black,Flat,Satin or Gloss it always looks good! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the feedback guys! :D
I´m considering a fourth color combo, but black and grey still have chances... you´re gonna have to wait and see :wink:

I already found the right wood for the deck, and made some progress over the weekend, shortened the main tube and reinforced the welds, It holds my weight perfectly now.

There´s a tube inside the joint and that green thicker tube over all.

As it stands now:

More progress soon!

Nice rolling chassis!
You should add a saddle up front and use a unicycle wheel, then make the back end cargo for a cooler.
Or keep going with your vision and end up with a cool scooter.

kingfish254 said:
Nice rolling chassis!
You should add a saddle up front and use a unicycle wheel, then make the back end cargo for a cooler.

Interesting idea, I´ll put it in my "to do" list :wink:

Thanks Badmuller, I´ll try not to disappoint you guys.

I´ll be cleaning up both wheels and attacking the wood board tonight, that should be great fun so hopefully you´ll be looking at new pics tomorrow :D

Gdcast said:
kingfish254 said:
Nice rolling chassis!

Interesting idea, I´ll put it in my "to do" list :wink:

It just had the look of a potential Penny Farthing cargo bike to me. Hmmmmmm, maybe that's going on my "to do" list too! :D

Latest posts

Back