I'm Done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
With School. Today was my last day of high school, i'm officially completed. I exempted from all of my exams.

I miss it already. Its odd, all of that terrible sitting around waiting for classes to end, and I'm already missing it. Its only been about 3 hours.
Its probably because I don't know what i'm going to do with myself...Ive got so many ideas.

Lets see what college has in store for me.

schwinnmesa said:
Cool Dingo, congrats! Any sen10r pranks pulled at your school?
No...

At least we didnt have any lame attempts like last years
They jumped into the pool...Woo...

BUT
We did actually have a food fight!

There was a bomb threat, and that obviously pissed the school off, then there were fights and bad stuff at the stores around the school because of open campus, we could leave for lunch. Someone threw a taco at a window at taco bell one time. So they closed campus.

The rumor started there would be a food fight in protest of closed campus...Hah...Good idea eh? I didnt believe it, but it happened. Some sophmore kid started it, who is now the hero of the underclassmen. He got penalized BIG TIME. $3000s in fine because our school got the cops involved.

Here it is on youtube...luckly, i wasnt involved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ESrwM5f9M
For whatever reason the good quality one was removed from youtube...sad
By the way...Our assistant principal is a jerk, and thats who the screename is referring to :shock:

Its pretty funny with all of the groups on facebook that love the kid that started it.

Crazy. At my school today, about six kids just drove to school with giant Confederate flags hanging from the back of their trucks. I don't know -- it's like -- come on now, we're in Michigan. :roll:

And about a group of 15 or so kids came to the school at night and spray painted the whole entire perimeter of the building. The brick, windows, everything got painted. So immature and senseless in my opinion. 9 of them got caught and are arrested so far. They're facing some big trouble right now vandalizing public property. Their fault!

cman said:
CCR said:
Just go to college and enjoy yourself Dingo, take it seriously but have fun too. Congrats !!!
I concur. What plans do you have?
I have multiple Plans

I might go to a 2 week class in colorado i think it was...for building bike frames
and bicycle mechanic certification, and go to school later...

Go to a Community college around me, and do whatever

schwinnmesa said:
Crazy. At my school today, about six kids just drove to school with giant Confederate flags hanging from the back of their trucks. I don't know -- it's like -- come on now, we're in Michigan. :roll:

And about a group of 15 or so kids came to the school at night and spray painted the whole entire perimeter of the building. The brick, windows, everything got painted. So immature and senseless in my opinion. 9 of them got caught and are arrested so far. They're facing some big trouble right now vandalizing public property. Their fault!
Really now?
Come on...

TheFlyingDingo said:
cman said:
CCR said:
Just go to college and enjoy yourself Dingo, take it seriously but have fun too. Congrats !!!
I concur. What plans do you have?
I have multiple Plans

I might go to a 2 week class in colorado i think it was...for building bike frames
and bicycle mechanic certification, and go to school later...

Go to a Community college around me, and do whatever

congrats! my daughter just graduated as well.

don't stop now- knock out that next 4 years before you forget how to study. :wink:

for bike 'school' look at oregon. united is much more 'real world' oriented. i've been in the bike business for 25 years in colo and wyo and have yet to meet anyone who's opinion i value that takes barnett's certification seriously. i remember one grand junction shop owner back in the day who said barnetts and/or schwinn school automatically meant the application went in the trash can........ :p

TheFlyingDingo said:
With School. Today was my last day of high school, i'm officially completed. I exempted from all of my exams.

I miss it already. Its odd, all of that terrible sitting around waiting for classes to end, and I'm already missing it. Its only been about 3 hours.
Its probably because I don't know what i'm going to do with myself...Ive got so many ideas.

Lets see what college has in store for me.
Congats Dingo! My best advice from 44 years of livin' is to simply pick a career...And stick it out. I jumped from job to job, never got fired, but I'd get bored...It wasn't until I figured out that I was running from what I was made to do and then started doing that (which for me was fixing things, working with my brain and my hands, for the last 12 years I've worked at a Jail in the Maintenance Dept.) that I felt satisfied. You probably know what your skills are...Use 'em! If you don't make a lot of $$ at first...Be patient...It's taken me quite a while to finally make a decent living (mostly because I never stuck with one thing long enough...) And, yea. Get to college before you forget how to study! If you don't feel college is the right place for you, go to trade school or apply to a trade union. Do what you love to do and you'll succeed! Good luck!

congrats man! i still got one more year, cant wait! we had bomb threats too, and our assistant principal is.. well.. shes really mean. :lol:

Haha. We had a bomb threat last year. It was hilarious because afterward a bunch of the seniors made t-shirts saying "BOMB THREAT SURVIVOR". :mrgreen: Epic.

Congrats! If you are not sure what you want to do go to a community college and get some of your general studies classes out of the way. Just make sure the credits transfer to other schools. A lot of the "colleges" advertising in the Detroit area are not accredited. They are just trying to take advantage of the out of work auto workers. After getting to know you these past few years I'd recommend some business courses along with the bicycle training. Marine City does need a bike shop! Does anybody rent bikes to ride along the water? It seems to be working for the shop that opened on the river walk in Detroit.

deorman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hkJL6wRBE8 :lol:
Good one deorman. That song was old when I finished high school, but a good one to listen to.

Dingo, GO TO COLLEGE! Then do whatever makes you happy.

Latest posts

Back