Wonder if these fit a bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've seen a similar fork in a felt cruiser, so i think it fits or at least you can make it work when you fabricate spacers for it :wink:

They look heavy and probably the damping is calibrated to the size of a moped or small motorcycle, maybe they will act like a solid fork on a bicycle with less weight. Get some MTB forks and paint them to match...

Figure on some machining or a steerer tube modificaiton of some kind. I picked up a girder fork from an AJS a few weeks back. The top clamp is just shy of 1" so that will need to be milled out. I did not get the steerer tube but i think it will be relatively easy to make one with a lower link attachment point, kind of like a schwinn springer steerer tube.

I think modifying these forks to fit is reasonably do able, but certainly anticipate some creative thinking.

The damping and rebound will be heavy for a bike but hey, if you like the look, go for it.

BTW: I picked mine up from a motorcycle junkyard about 15 miles away that specializes in 1980's and older. I bet they have 30 of those moped forks right now. the place is called Coopers in Franklin NH, you can google it i'm sure, they will ship.

im a moped restoration um....guy, and ive seen someone put some heavy duty mtb forks on a moped, so i think it can go both ways. the bike those came off of, we cant hack and weld because the gas tank is the downtube and the forks go right in front of the filler cap.

puch maxi luxe
maxi4.jpg

puch newport
newport1.jpg

tomos st, before a lot of mods. trailer handled 45mph with 2 coolers of water/beer/ice with a 1/4" aluminum plate dropped 2" below frame rails...hardcore stuff. used to do food deliveries with this after the next pic...
trailer2.jpg

i rode it from charleston SC to sarasota fla, over to orlando, up the a1a to jacksonville where i had to come home early and headed to 17 to get back home asap.
DSCI0054.jpg

DSCI0091.jpg

DSCI0092.jpg

DSCI0108.jpg

DSCI0124.jpg

Deadman, are you in one of the branches of the Moped Army?

branches, no, that takes a lot of bs to get in for an icon next to your name. but i am pres of the local club in SC

what you know bout the M/A?

Just curious, i'm from k-zoo where the decepticons started it up...
Used to live near the "clubhouse" and saw them buzzin' around ALL the time.

Latest posts

Back