I've put on weight this winter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The weather has been very bad for bike riding this winter. I only have 50 miles on my fat or studded tire bikes. I have been forced to ride my Cyclops trainer indoors. So far I've put 200 miles on the trainer. My weight is back up with 10 pounds of unwanted belly flab. Gotta go on diet me to fat lard. I don't want to look like this guy if I can help it.
cffcc90bbe31b5375d982aebd051ab6b.jpg

Happens the best of us. Past 2 weeks Ive been replacing 1 meal a day with homemade soup - easy way to cut back without going crazy. Ive been busy at work and missing gym time.
I only eat one meal a day already. At 73 if I eat 3 meals a day I would weigh 200 pounds, easy. Your idea of soup is good, vegetable soup would work, even twice a week. I'm going to try this. Once in awhile the wife and I will have a fast day, nothing but tea and water. In the summer I go on a two week fast only eating soup with a complete fast day each week. Then later in the summer I do it again for a week. This, along with more bike riding brings my weight down 10 pounds but I'm still flabby. My Doc says my summer weight is where I'm supposed to be but winters are a problem with weight gain, for both my wife and I. We aren't very overweight, she is 5'7" and weighs 136 and I am 5'9" and weigh 163. We are both about 10 pounds over where we should be at our ages. The problem is we could easily weigh a lot more as eating is a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back