Recent content by OddJob

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Boredom To Boardtrack JC Higgins Beehive Springer or Monark Silverking Springer?

I used stool leg rubber feet. Some come with a hole already drilled in them, or it's easy to do. They serve as a 'top out' cushion to take away that 'chank' sound over bumps, but also add some extra compression to the springs. I may try something like this on my longspring saddle on...
  2. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Quasi-Motobike : Video Update #2 ! Surprise Surprise surprise~!

Thanks man! I have a few things I want to try, some RaT-ina and couple of parts mock ups. It is a solid rider for sure!
  3. OddJob

Chad my brother, all I can say is "Like minds!" You have read mine, I want to mimic the original motobike bars with a cross bar and RaT-ina, and I have a chain guard 'in mind' as well; pretty much as you described it. If I get bored inside on this rainy day, I may go out to the BACK40 again...
  4. OddJob

Day 4 Rain day today. I got so much done on Quasi-Moto yesterday that I feel a 'day off' coming on. There was a question about how close the original 28" wheels are to the current 700c wheels that I am using on my build. They are very close. In fact, the tires that come on the Electra Loft...
  5. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Stir crazy

Marshall H. in the House! CWC hard to beat for a launch pad to a fine build. RaT oN~!
  6. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Swan Song

RBT, good to see you back in it! RaT oN~!
  7. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Twin Stik Spitfire

Welcome aboard the RRB Build Off train, @Wayne ! My first 26" bike was a Typhoon. I'll be watching as you transform this one!
  8. OddJob

TRADITIONAL 🅵🅾🅾🅻🅸🅶🅰🅽 - 1930s Elgin Oriole

@kingfish254 , I was going to hold out to vote on the fork until I saw the Koi and Goldfish popular vote. But I don't see any fish in the Kingfish / Queenfish pond? Absentee ballot?
  9. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Undecided

I say get jiggy with the Higgy! You'll be surprised how those cool Higgins parts will look on your frame.
  10. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Highway Star

Nice work on the crank clean / chain ring swap.
  11. OddJob

UNLIMITED Singularity

Diggin' the deep Monark fenders and frame options. I can definitely relate to this ^^ ! :thumbsup:
  12. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Boredom To Boardtrack JC Higgins Beehive Springer or Monark Silverking Springer?

One thing I like about the Monark springers is that you can add bumpers or stops to tune the motion / travel.
  13. OddJob

TRADITIONAL It's SUPER ELLIOT!

Dave, I'm hooked on your video updates! Ol' OJ gonna have to step up his game. :bigsmile: I like your process of using similar mechs to be used to restore others, parts swapping, etc. We grew up that way on the farm, my grandpa was always saving mechanical parts to tractors to keep the...
  14. OddJob

Day 3 I won't add much text here, the video update says it all. If you have around 7 minutes to spare in your day, it will bring you up to speed; the key word being 'speed' as in OddJob build speed! :bigsmile: EDIT: I misspoke in the video relating that I went to see my mom on Monday, it...
  15. OddJob

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kudos. Faded Glory is maybe my best rider of all BACK40 builds. And yes, the fork and fenders came from a woman's Monark and the frame, wheels, bar / stem, and saddle all were a men's Monark, early '40s. I switched the drivetrain over from skip tooth to 1/2"...
Back