Recent content by c3maddox

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

First Build - Westgate Crusier

Well Fenders are out so what do you guys think about this Chain Guard? So those fenders will be up for sale soon. What do you think about these chain guard? my plan would be paint it flat black with the inset part green. Does it look like it's up to high?
  2. C

I agree no fenders, hope the chain guard works out.
  3. C

Got the fenders and not sure i like the look. What do you guys think? Do I even need them. Would be nice to see with and with out a chain guard.
  4. C

Started to paint the new Seat Post. The gusset will be green and the rest will be flat black, so I need to tape off the green and paint the black. maybe tonight I may have found the seat clamp I need, we will see. Fenders are here and the front bolts right on but the back one will need some...
  5. C

I was thinking Chain Guard: Black with the inset Apple Green Fenders: Black with some sort of Design (maybe a "W") in the Apple Green. Nothing to fancy, i'm using Rustoleme Spray paint Seat Post: Black with Apple Green Gusset
  6. C

thirdcoastpeddler - The seat was fairly easy. My buddy owns a furniture repair shop and he helped me cover it. OUTLAW - I'm like the color more and more Now I need to figure out how to use these color on these new parts I just bought off here when they get here. Any ideas
  7. C

Here's the seat I bought off here that needed some help. I stripped it down painted/cleaned the parts got some leather from a buddy And here it now Now I need a rail clamp that will fit my new seat post. 3/4 size. PM me if you have one you are willing to part with. Thanks for looking
  8. C

Colors are based on our neighborhood logo color Lime Green. I bought this frame over the summer thinking I would some day build a motorized broad track bike, but now plan to just build a ridable bike. Our neighborhood association formed a Bike Commission to work on bike trail issues in our...
  9. C

This is my first build. I've been lurking around and buying parts for a while now over the last month or so started my first build. I bought a Worksman frame set from a member on here and then got a Cranbrook donor for the wheels, handle bars and crank. So here is what I started with. Donor...
  10. C

Genesis Onyx 29" Cruiser

What size are the tires? I was hoping to buy some 700 rims and use 700 x 40 on it.
  11. C

Genesis Onyx 29" Cruiser

Lets me how they fit. I have an old Colson Motor Bike frame that needs new wheels.
  12. C

Need help

Are you guys saying to flatten both side of the axle bolt or just one side bot do the opposite side on the two side of the wheel. it looks like it wouldn't take much maybe just threads. This options mean I would have to drill out the Truss rod holes.
  13. C

Need help

I bought a Huffy Cranbrook today for $35 and was hoping to use parts to make my prewar Colson. The tried to use the wheels but the axles seem to big. Can those be changed? I plan to use the crank chain and wheels, that's it. Any help will be great. My real goal is to make the Closing a ridable.
  14. C

Need to know what it is and worth

Does anyone have a listing of Colson serial numbers?
  15. C

Need to know what it is and worth

Okay I started taking this apart and found a serial number but can't track it down. 4L1909 on the bottom of the bottom bracket Any help would be great
Back