Recent content by breakurnees

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

Thanks SIN. What is a good headtube angle? Since I stretched the bike at the pivot, I can decrease rake by raising the bike up.
  2. B

It is a straight springer fork, but I flipped the bracket it is on to rake it further. I think just putting a standard fork on will help. Righting the frame would be a pain at this point, and the wheelbase would become a lot shorter. I'll give that fork a ride first, and then try righting it if...
  3. B

Thanks Eddie. I don't have a seat, I have kneelers, but I don't think i could balance without hands. My bike has a raked out springer fork. I was thinking about swapping for a bmx, but I may look for a road fork. The bike caught wobbles anytime the front tire wasn't pointed straight. Since the...
  4. B

Sorry about that. I meant to do a short ride, assess the effectiveness of my bungee dampeners and than come back and do a second video. I felt confident and went the whole way. The steering was shaky anytime it wasn't pointed straight, and it got away from me on that last curve. While my buddy...
  5. B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1duqc1fDwM Hit 35 or so on my shakedown ride. I also highsided it at the end. Lots of fun. I will definitely repair, modify and ride it again.
  6. B

Lets make it Halloween. That should be more than enough time.
  7. B

I'm all in favor of an extention, since no one has shown any proof of a run yet. I meant to today but worked 14 hours instead. How long should we go?
  8. B

Careful out there guys. I should be getting leathers and a helmet this week, but I was feeling bulletproof and ran my bike down the driveway with shorts on. Now I am missing some skin on one of my knees.
  9. B

I have brakes! Tomorrow I have to work out better pads for the kneelers, a seat and weight. I hope to do some real test rides tomorrow night.
  10. B

Witchita is a long haul from here, but it would be fun to race a fellow member. Hmmm...
  11. B

I just got the tires on and kneelers built. I took it for a ride down the driveway brakeless. Oh boy it is gonna be fast! The steering is twitchy due to the rake. I also scrape my butt on the tire a lot. I may have to make a seat. 35 won't be a problem, not doing 80 or crashing hard might be tricky.
  12. B

That's basically what I am doing. I took a kids full suspension MTB and flipped it, removed the shock and will be replacing it with a couple of heim joints and a turnbuckle. I can extend it until the seat post drags the ground.
  13. B

Schwalbe Marathons are the standard. I am buying Primo Comets.
  14. B

I'm impressed that you are running hills already. I don't have welding gear, so I am waiting on heim joints to come in the mail. Then tires and I can start fitting the brakes and cables.
Back